Square or Round Tubing?

KaosBanshee44

If you bend any chromoly swingarm that is properly welded, your medical bill is going to be higher than a new arm lol. I have Gary's arm from quicksand Racing and it has held up to some abuse, The chrome is holding up very nice as well. I would go Oval tube maybe on my next try, but the welds are probably your biggest worry. Square tubing is fine too. Most people that go with round tubing do it to save weight (hence thinner materials and less strength than most square tubing arms).

My New Swingarm is lighter than stock, and longer too.

I bent one and had no medical bills. Whats my prize?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that's what i was thinking, you would think that circular tubing would bend at any direction force is provided where as if you had square tubing it puts out strength equally to anywhere you put force to it.

You have that very backwards. The circular tube, with its uniform circumference, will provide equal strength in all directions. The square tube on the other hand will not, its strength has a lot to do with how its loaded.

You have that very backwards. The circular tube, with its uniform circumference, will provide equal strength in all directions. The square tube on the other hand will not, its strength has a lot to do with how its loaded.

....................and the engineering student gets a dancing banana for his good work. :banana: