New Banshee Owner

I just got a 99 Banshee yesterday. When I opened the Air Box there is a K & N Filter just sitting there. It is not attached to anything. So what do I need to fix it. Pictures would help me out. From what I read by searching for compression 120lbs. is what a stock Banshee should have. Mine has FMF SST pipes and silencers and that is it.

you probably have a stock K&N filter setup. The banshee airbox is designed that the lid holds the filter in place. A real poor design in everyone's eyes except yamaha.

If you ride sand, go with an aftermarket K&N setup, and if you ride anything else go with a Pro Design foam filter setup, and then ditch the airbox lid and jet up about 3 sizes or so on your mains.

The make an outerwears setup that velcros around the top of your airbox, It's a nice setup that helps with keeping debris, mud, water out of the airbox.....now if I could only remember where I saw it.....