more 18 mill bugs

strokerace

well went to track tonight and ran 2 passes with pretty decent times for the first two runs its way rich but on the third run it gets about 50 to 75 feet down the track and it locks up solid i mean it about puts me over the bars well we drag it off the track and i start trying to figure what just happened and we all think its the tranny when we relize the rear caliper is locked up solid so we take it off and she is free rolling and now it shifts normalso i go to make a pass not hard but just to see how its going to shift and again about 50 to 75 feet it starts locking up motor never misses sounds good so i cut it off roll it backabout a foot and it frees itself up but if you put it in nuetral and roll it back 5 or6 feet it will kick into gear but if you roll it forward it will free up so i guess what my question is does it sound like the forks are bent or the shift drum is cut wrongi have another tranny but its 1-4 overide if i get new shifting forks should i put them in with the one in the motor now if theres no visable damage done to the gears because its new and if it dont work replace it with the 1-4 either way its coming back apart

check to make sure nothing shifted like the drum retainer clip or something like that.. about the same thing happened to my friends 14mm and the retainer for the shift drum broke from the axial pull on the drum and from cases flexing with it..

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, my override won't shift without the bike running for shit....sitting there.

I suppose if you have the motor out....you could spin the front sprocket and see if it shifts, one gear to the next....I"m not sure how much pressure has to be on the gears to test the override...

To be honest, my override won't shift without the bike running for shit....sitting there.

I suppose if you have the motor out....you could spin the front sprocket and see if it shifts, one gear to the next....I"m not sure how much pressure has to be on the gears to test the override...

hey were u race at i live very close to u im in virginia-pennington gap,also have u ever used a auto tranny before,hopefully your supplier explained to you the does and donts.very hard to grab the clutch after a big run thats why i always keep 2 fingers on the lever so i can pull the clutch before i let out of the throttle.the size motor u have it wouldnt take much to destroy your tranny,if i was u i would get my gears cryoed or billet tranny or at least the 2nd gear.