Turbo Banshee's

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u have aim if so im me we can chat on there im lookin for some good v force cool head of some brand and that -2 swinger for a banshee ?

scooter6101982 on aim

sorry bro no aim

my bad that should say 250r

msnIM.... find me with turbobanshee420@hotmail.com

msnIM you can video chat or talk threw audio

Edited by TurboBanshee420

• 9 months later...

this thread again.... lol

update:

New wire harness w/ "painless wiring" fuse block. No more crazy wiring web!

New CBR600RR REG/RECT installed

New battery box. Used to mount reg/rect and fuse block.

Looking for a smaller intercooler core to fabricate new intercooler. (make more room for access to plugs)

Spark table tuned in.

Megasquirt bugs worked out.

Wideband 02 removed. EGT sensor to be interfaced to megasquirt via x-tra input (IAC)

Note:

Turbo system has been removed for various reasons. :blink:

1st of all, so that I can hand down some ass whoopin' to my dusty bike.

2nd so that I may clear up some issues I was dreading doing while it was on the bike. (stator, Ign/crank sensor waveform - output etc...)

3rd It's not easy to tune a moving quad while driving with a laptop on the handlebars. My only accessable chassis dyno is currently above ground in the backyard of my brother new home. I have no choice but to wait until next spring to get back into tuning the fuel map, startup enrichments, accel enrichments, etc... Lots there to go through. It's impossible to do it all one at a time because one thing affects another. It has to be done a little here, a little there, then over and over until it's right. :confused:

EFI is the only reason that makes this possible! It MUST be done right to achieve a ridable, reliable machine. Time will tell if it will works as nicely as it does on a car. (ex: subaru)

Building the system is only half the battle. Many battles are fought in a war... and this IS war! :evil:

Some parts of me think that I should have talken the easy road and done this to a raptor 700r. I would have had something like that running in a few weeks, since it's already efi and has all sensors and equipment there as well as being 4 stroke. Which has much more control over the air moving through. But where is the challenge in that? :biggrin:

garrett GT17-42 internally wastegated ...3 bolt flange.....it will be a while before I get to work on it more.

Once again time for all my other projects;

yz85 build-up for the kid

snowmobile strip and rebuild for this season

gutting the scarab for the new engine and interior (hopefully paint in the spring)

gasgas rebuild.... engine and new frame/a-arms

new deck on the front of the house, just got the permits

kitchen floor

wood stove in basement, hopefully before the snow comes

got some things to keep me busy.... I'm sure u all know how this feels :confused:

Thanx for the interest!!! I wish I had more to tell you. but for now it's all layed out on the basement floor on a large piece of cardboard.

• 8 months later...

if you want a fast turbo bike take all ur stuff, sell it, send ur motor to a&s. look at this bike.

A&S Racing customer Cliff Johnson came to us for a complete turbo build.

He decided on building a 975cc turbocharged Scimitar. Cliff's bike recently became the quickest twin - cylinder Banshee in the world when it ran 3.30 @ 97 MPH at the Planetsand race!

Any progress???

Yes....kinda. I finished the rest. I made another wire harness with all new shit. new fuse block and all cleaned up. I had it sitting all spring here in the new house. I had a really hard time trying to tune it while in the garage. (too hard to ride and use a laptop) I cannot get any dyno time at my brothers shop because he moved and had to tranplant the dyno (which is still not functional until the new dyno shop is done.) So i took all the shit off nice nice and put it all in a container until i can get some help tuning. I have 6 other projects going right now...scarab restoration, house remodeling, customer bikes, building parents new house, etc.... all that plus 10 hr days 6 days a week at work and a crazy 3 yr old who wants to hang with dad. Sounds fun huh?

I'll have time after this winter. I'm not too worried about it right now. It'll be there in the basement when I'm ready to do it again.

I have some banshee problems lately with the lockout eating itself for no reason....so I got pissed because I have nothing to ride and ordered a 421 cub cylinder and all new parts for a fresh rebuild and bottom end. Guess i'll just join the masses for now and stick with what works until I get fiesty again for more power. :down:

I'll let my followers know when the time is right. :cool: Technology is starting to catch up....

Thanks for the interest guys. It was a crazy project with a 50/50 chance of success. I feel I won, yet didn't get to reap the benefits yet. We will have to see what unfolds once I get my other 2 bikes running so i'm not stranded at the house when the boys go out.

A&S does have a working system, but I don't buy other peoples hard work.... I do my own. Plus mine is way more advanced then just a set of carbs and a turbo. That was the whole point bro! To do what hasn't been done. I'm sure you haters will have something to say about that...but your entitled to your opinions I guess. except most of you haven't tryed anything in this rhelm before sooo...bite me :evil: ...lol

While I applaud you for your efforts to build something more advanced...however, just a set of carbs and a turbo get the job done and have been working.

So you can't knock others work when your own original and cutting edge idea has yet to work.

I can appreciate you wanting to do this A-Z on your own, but until you build a working AND better product than others have been using, it's like telling an auto manufacturer you can build a better car....but you're still stuck in a soap box derby model, albeit a cool, shiny soap box derby car...

I would talk to Kevin Gigot @ Gigot Performance about some fuel injection. He's got it down...there's nothing wrong with taking someone's idea and making it better or improving it.

No one would ever fault you for that.

dajogerjr is exactly right. dont get me wrong i think what u are trying to do is bad ass but there is nothing wrong talking to people and getting advice on how the stuff works since u apparently dont know how it does. A&S's system goes way beyond just a set of carbs and a turbo. My racing buddy has an A&S turbo bike. Stock stroke, stock bore, stock cylinder making 160hp. Good luck with the build. See u in 5 years when u get it done.