Do i have carb trouble?!

fitz18

Hey you guys, have been keeping an eye on your forums lately as i just bought a 2003 stock banshee and i know jack all about them :huh: You guys are a fountain of knowledge!!! :notworthy:

Here is my wee problem im having. i have used the search option on the forums and got alot of info already but just want to check something. The banshee wont start with out me kicking it a load of times (6-10) with the ignition and key switched off.

From what i have read in the forums i think my carbs and jets might need a real good cleaning. would i be correct?

cheers for all the help and go easy on me im only a newbie with limited/no knowledge :blink:

ok so let me clarify this really quick... it will start right? its just a pain? and it will only start with your key and your kill switch on off? is that correct?

Yep you got it. it starts after i like prime it with the ignition and key off then turn it on and she fires up. she is completely dead if i just try to kick her with out priming her first. cheers mate

sounds like it could be getting low on compression :down: .......pull plugs, install comp. tester, W.O.T., kick her over till needle dosent increase any more........WRITE IT DOWN......repeat for other cyl......post here and we can help ya from there

compression on my shee w/18cc domes was in the low 80's on both holes :blink: have no idea how it still ran, but my symptom's were identical to yours

good luck!!