is this good or bad

just aranged to go and get my first banshee on saturday for racing but can you help the seller has given me the following spec for the quad and just wanted to check with the experts if this is a good spec for what i am going to be doing mx and enduro

thanks for the help as with this being my first banshee i dont know a great deal about modified ones

02' blue

lrd pipes (adjustable)

tuned barrels

28 mm flat side carbs

boost bootle

carbon reeds

over sized rad

quick change clutch cover

dura blue axle 2 + 2

chapman a arms (+2 +1)

ohlins front shocks

4 pot caliper + big disc on the back

steering damper

nerfs with repositioned lower pegs

double beadlocks on the back

2 sets of front wheels and tyres

just aranged to go and get my first banshee on saturday for racing but can you help the seller has given me the following spec for the quad and just wanted to check with the experts if this is a good spec for what i am going to be doing mx and enduro

thanks for the help as with this being my first banshee i dont know a great deal about modified ones

MX & CC can be done on a Banshee...just not what they are best at; I don't think anyone would disagree that if you're just out to have a good time go for it, but if you're serious about racing you're better off on one of the 450s. Well unless you're somewhat crazy. Wait a sec, I race one :happy:

02' blue

lrd pipes (adjustable)

tuned barrels

28 mm flat side carbs

boost bootle

carbon reeds

over sized rad

quick change clutch cover

'02 is good, LRD pipes are ok, 28's are ok, big radiator is ok but not entirely necessary, QC clutch is cool...not sure if "tuned" means ported or what, as long as it's not drag ported for pure topend it's prolly ok.

dura blue axle 2 + 2

chapman a arms (+2 +1)

ohlins front shocks

4 pot caliper + big disc on the back

steering damper

nerfs with repositioned lower pegs

double beadlocks on the back

2 sets of front wheels and tyres

+2 is what you want for MX, opinions vary on Durablue so if ya bend it I'd go with something else. Ohlins are good, bear in mind unless you're the exact same weight as the previous owner that the shocks might need to be revalved. Holy god a 4-piston rear caliper?? I wanna see a pic of that thing, that's crazy (a little overkill but would be sick on supermoto). Steering stabilizer is a good thing, some you can rebuild some you can't. Nerfs are essential for MX, as is a tether kill switch. Beadlocks are very good, spendy too. Not sure what Chapman a-arms look like, those from UK?

Sounds like a decent setup that would work well anywhere, the good thing about LRD's is you can adjust them (the bad thing is that it's still gonna hit hard and prolly have lotsa wheelspin). You could always change things to better suit your tracks, if there's lotsa straightaways you'll have a good time blowing the doors off the thumpers, but in the tight technical stuff it may be a handful. But basically with +2 all the way around, good front shocks, pipes & reeds (and aftermarket air filter and shaved head, it may or may not have that) and decent tires it'll be lotsa fun...

thanks for that you have made me a little happyer

not going out to win just enjoy it

and wanted a banshee just to annoy the 4 strokes :evil:

and got this one as stock ones were the same cost and was looking into changing suspension anyway so re valve not to bad compared to buying new

not sure were a arms are from but suposed to be good ones

just one last thing how can an exhaust be adjustable???????

oh and i will get some pics up as soon as i get it saturday

Edited by pottsy

• 2 weeks later...

Picture045-1.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

just thought i would post pics oh my shee now i have it

and i have to say WOW i love the thing upset every other quad there with its speed and i even took it down some muddy trails and a 4x4 500 kymco got stuck and i still got the shee through so upset hem a LOT

dont think i will do much more trail stuff as have a kfx for that but just got to start my racing on the shee asap

Picture045-1.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

just thought i would post pics oh my shee now i have it

and i have to say WOW i love the thing upset every other quad there with its speed and i even took it down some muddy trails and a 4x4 500 kymco got stuck and i still got the shee through so upset hem a LOT

dont think i will do much more trail stuff as have a kfx for that but just got to start my racing on the shee asap

your rear axle dont look wider then stock and the front a arms look stock too.. but if your happy rollon it with it and whoop some ass..

Hard to tell in the pic...looks like the rear hub might be different, not sure if DuraBlue uses spacers like Lonestar but pottsy you might ask 'em if the width is adjustable or if it's all the way out already. Looks good!! About all I can really see is that the left rear tire is low, you could use a seat cover soon (mine do that too)...and I hope your wife is supportive LOL!! :wink: