No spark

turn the key on :thumbsup:

Hahaha I wish it was that easy.

I just put in a new trued and welded crank and had the cylinders bored .040 over and new wiseco pistons. I bought this bike blown up. I assume the tors was installed correctly because it looks just like my 96 and it had to of worked right for the previous guy to blow the motor up. What do I have to look for while going thru the harness. Also I did look in the on/off switch to see if something was disconected but it wasnt, but again I wasnt sure what I should have been looking for in there.

How do I rule out if it is a bad key switch or kill switch? Nothing looks broke. Is there a way to bypass them

Edited by 96_banshee_96

check then re-check then re-re-check all your grounds and make sure there all clean. and have you done anything ignition related like tors removal/removed all unused plugs from wiring/hacked out your ignition switch? all places to start looking but yea check the air gap on your flywheel too...

So...you've never seen/heard this bike run?

OHM the stator and the coil...and again, check all grounds and look at the switches. Get a clymers, cross the hot wires for spark.

Not counting the lights, the bike needs I think 4 wires to run, it's really not that big a deal...

Make sure the tors module was not left on the frame (under gas tank) and is not plugged in. People usually unplug and leave it down there, then someone else comes along and plugs it in, then no spark. None of the tors wiring should be touching either.

Make sure the tors module was not left on the frame (under gas tank) and is not plugged in. People usually unplug and leave it down there, then someone else comes along and plugs it in, then no spark. None of the tors wiring should be touching either.

I did some searching with the search mode and read about the little black box and to unplug it.I kicked it over and I have spark. Just came in from the garage to tell you guys I figured it out and saw this post. So you were right on it was the little black box. Now I just have to wait untill morning to see if it will actually fire. My neighbors are old as hell and I dont want them to start bitching because it is late. Thanks for all the input fellas.

My cousin was riding my friends bike so we plugged in the module one day about 7 miles out in the dunes. He couldn't get it started. He pulled the plugs and checked them, no spark. So he put them in and went over to tell someone to go get a tow rope. When he wasn't looking we unplugged the box and told him to try it one last time before we had to tow it. It started, we kept it together and did it to him again the next day. It was priceless!

Well went to fire up thie shee about 20 mins ago and shee purs like a kitten. I let it idle for 20 mins and right now its cooling. Then im going to let it idle for another 20 and take a cruse on it but take it easy on it. Does this sound correct.

Yes it sounds right. Just remember to keep reving it up & down while riding it. You don't want to ride at a steady RPM until after its broken in. Good luck!