everybody could use one

Dynojet.

That's a 20 mil DM setup, very, very capable of those numbers on alky.

I sure wouldn't run a 6 speek override in it...though.

I can't believe they wrapped it in Matoon cases but left helical gears on it...

Like putting whipped cream on horseshit...LOL.

Dynojet.

dave at east coast knows his shit and builds some fast motors and bikes.believe me if dave builds it then it deffinately aint horseshit,lol.

No no...I didn't mean the motor was shit, not by any means at all.

Bigger, higher HP motors really should have straight cuts. It's advisable on my 10 mil...but damn near a must on a big motor like that.

I'm sure it runs like a mofo!!

I didn't mean the motor was horseshit by any means...wrong analogy, my bad....

:biggrin:

Dynojet.

The whip cream on horse shit will cost you an extra $3.50.

Dynojet correction factors put the peak estimated motor hp off by 15%-20%. So it is probably more close to 130-135hp. I wouldn't buy if Trinity built it!

A couple things here:

1.) IMO Trinity is only as retarded as their customers are. [insert flatbiller joke here]

2.)With regard to a Dynojet inertia brake dyno, I agree that they are garbage. If someone gave me a brand new one, I would immediately put it in my front yard with a big carboard sign the said FREE on it.

Beyond that, I disagree with your statement that a Dynojet dyno skews hp figure by 15-30%. The real problem with a Dynojet or an inertia brake dyno is that it is not a repeatable device and it really cannot load a drivetrain for any extended period of time. It is a 0 to full throttle tool, only. With this type of dyno you can have two mechanically identical runs, back to back, and have them be wildly different from each other. This is because all you are doing is accelerating a flywheel against a load cell with a constant mass of a the flywhell programmed into the dyno control software. The torque is then a basic calculation based on the time it took to accelerate the mass of the flywheel and to what speed. The rest of the numbers the dyno generates are pure mathematical calculations, which all stem from the mass assumption of the flywheel. Given all of the environment variables (temp., pressure, heat, humidity, etc.) that can vary this type of system it is now very easy to see how a 50hp bike may generate a calculated hp rating of 10hp on one pull and 100hp on the next pull. This also explains why the racing industry nickname for these dynamometers is Dynoguess.

If you made it through reading all of that and consider the source (me). You may think that I am biased with regard to dyno's because I am now and have been responsible for some of the most expensive dynos in the world, but that's not really the case. After all the bad things I said about the Dynoguess setups you may wonder what they are good for besides getting flatbillers to lay down cash for a silly dyno print out. An inertia brake dyno is good for power train validation (for example a new car leaving the assembly line). They are great for this as power measurement is not a concern here and they have very few wear items in them. On top of that, any retard can use one without hurting anything. All you are really looking for here is that the drivetrain does not break when you put power to the ground.

Lastly, to stray even further off topic, I have a question for you guys. I have been given an opportunity to write an article for a fairly prominent diesel pickup magazine regarding diesel engine development. So I ask this: what would you guys like to read about in sucha an article? (dyno's, over the road testing, accelerated wear testing, component validation, software, etc.) Let me know what you guys think. :thumbsup:

I'd like to see a write up on long term diesel fume inhalation....

LOL...

Honestly, I think a write up on some of the performance that can be accomplished with Diesel would be cool...as well as the savings of money due to fuel milage performance...etc.

I'd like to see fuel mpg's with aftermarket parts installed. ie. intake, exhaust, and chip.

Everyone talks about the increase in power and the savings of fuel... but I'm not sure I buy into the fuel saving without proper documentation. We all know the power is there!!!!!

LOL...

Honestly, I think a write up on some of the performance that can be accomplished with Diesel would be cool...as well as the savings of money due to fuel milage performance...etc.

I could do something in regards to fuel economy testiong and development. I will have to think about that some.

I think I forgot to mention that the magazine would like me to correlate the class 6-8 engine development to the light duty truck world with whatever topic I choose. :confused:

I'd like to see fuel mpg's with aftermarket parts installed. ie. intake, exhaust, and chip.

Everyone talks about the increase in power and the savings of fuel... but I'm not sure I buy into the fuel saving without proper documentation. We all know the power is there!!!!!

I was reading a copy of this months Diesel Power magazine that one of my techs had at work. There was a really well written article on after products and their return on investment when it comes to fuel mileage. They had a matrix specific parts and products. I was impressed to a certain extent. Normally I don't expect to see that sort of detail in a magazine that undoubtably makes most of it's money from advertising aftermarket products. :geek:

LOL...

Im thinking of buying a diesel next time and definatly going chip it ect, ect. Would be neat to see some different things that have been done.