33PWK'S ON THEIR WAY FROM F.A.S.T

SO I ORDERED A 33 PWK SET UP FROM F.A.S.T.

ALONG WIH A WHITE KNUCKLE INTAKE

Where do i start with jetting

I have a mx ported long rod 4mil

v-force 2

165psi

dyno port 2 into 1

stock air box w/ pro design filter

and what should my timing plate be set at

thanks

most pwk carbs jet about the same. so im gonna say start at 45 pilot and 162 main. that should get you pretty close. set your timing at +4. are you running higher octane fuel to compensate for the increased compression and timing?

I run the highest i can buy at the pump

some places its 93 others its 91

Most of the time i also run octane booster

you need to be running a higher octane fuel to compensate for the increased compression and timing. if not, youre gonna have some expensive problems.. what kind of octane booster are you using? are you mixing it properly? i dont really know much about octane booster. i always just run at least 100 octane race fuel..

you need to be running a higher octane fuel to compensate for the increased compression and timing. if not, youre gonna have some expensive problems.. what kind of octane booster are you using? are you mixing it properly? i dont really know much about octane booster. i always just run at least 100 octane race fuel..

from what i have read on here 165psi was safe to run on pump gas

i have not had any problems yet but

the motor is fairly fresh maybe 20 gal of fuel thru it

I had it built about 3 years ago

while it was down i purchased a yfz now the shee hardley comes out

what octane should i be looking for ?????

do i need 100???????

Normally...you would need higher than pump gas octane for 165PSI, especially with timing advanced.

However...if you've run 20 gals of fuel through it.....hmmm.

YOu might be on the ragged edge of running pump gas with compression alone, advancing the timing could quickly put your over the edge. I'd run a mix of premium pump and 110 octane race fuel with your setup.

I personally err on the safe side when it comes to octane and jetting...a little rich on the jetting, and a tad more octane than needed.

best thing you can do is look at your plugs often to tell.

I'm lost though...you have a long rod stroker motor, bigger carbs on the way, but a 2 into 1 pipe....?

That two into one pipe is kiling your RPMs...

If you're into MX...I think you may be wasting your money on 33's...stockers work very well for tight and low end situations.

id drop the the 2-1 pipe like a whores panties ,your probably down 10 horspeower by that alone,next id

think about running race gas ,wally world octane boosters arent really going to do shizzle to help you ,theyre rating system is not same as the industry standard rating youd see at the pump ...now you spent all that money on your bike... is it worth it to toast your engine over a couple bucks more for your fuel ? Id run 100LL aviation and as far as the carbs i also think for mx yo u probably would get better response and snap off idle with stock ones or maybe 30mm Dslides ,but you bought them so id ask Jeff what the jetting should be as he is the one who sold them to you and ported your cylinders.i would guess a 50 pilot and 160 mains ...maybe even smaller like 155's because of your pipe choice probably will not not flowing at high revs over 8000 rpms and your loseing CFM by running an airbox with a foam filter ...but theres many factors to consider

id drop the the 2-1 pipe like a whores panties ,your probably down 10 horspeower by that alone,next id

think about running race gas ,wally world octane boosters arent really going to do shizzle to help you ,theyre rating system is not same as the industry standard rating youd see at the pump ...now you spent all that money on your bike... is it worth it to toast your engine over a couple bucks more for your fuel ? Id run 100LL aviation and as far as the carbs i also think for mx yo u probably would get better response and snap off idle with stock ones or maybe 30mm Dslides ,but you bought them so id ask Jeff what the jetting should be as he is the one who sold them to you and ported your cylinders.i would guess a 50 pilot and 160 mains ...maybe even smaller like 155's because of your pipe choice probably will not not flowing at high revs over 8000 rpms and your loseing CFM by running an airbox with a foam filter ...but theres many factors to consider

it's ported for low end

theirs no stroker plate the domes have been cut to try to keep the cyl's as low as possible

f.a.s.t did not do the porting

the 2 into 1 is supposed to be a good bottom end pipe

thats why it was chosen

what do recommend i be running for pipe's

I only do the ocasional drag racing for fun nothing offical

I did do some offical ice racing and plan on doing it again this year

I ride in pit and love climbing steep hills and techinical stuff