No Fire: Right Cylinder

+1 I just went through the same thing with mine i added a dyna box to mine and found the problem when it wouldnt run right i took the boot ends apart and one of them was wasted on the in side the spring behind the resistor had fallen apart and the spark was going every where in side the plug end and causing alot of problems.

hmm, thats pretty crazy. Now this has me thinking something got twisted up with my carb being that they were all zip tied up to my frame and shit. But, i took that carb apart and found nothing out of the ordinary. Didnt get a chance to switch my carbs, so this little issue is on hold once again!

If i have consistent looking spark from both cylinders, id be safe to say that the spark side is fine right? And also with 160 lbs in both sides, i should be good on compression. Just need the fuel side now.. And my reeds would allow the bike to start at least, its gotta be something stopping fuel flow. That plug on the no fire side looks brand new, as it has never ignited........ GRRRRRRRR :down:

hmm, thats pretty crazy. Now this has me thinking something got twisted up with my carb being that they were all zip tied up to my frame and shit. But, i took that carb apart and found nothing out of the ordinary. Didnt get a chance to switch my carbs, so this little issue is on hold once again!

If i have consistent looking spark from both cylinders, id be safe to say that the spark side is fine right? And also with 160 lbs in both sides, i should be good on compression. Just need the fuel side now.. And my reeds would allow the bike to start at least, its gotta be something stopping fuel flow. That plug on the no fire side looks brand new, as it has never ignited........ GRRRRRRRR :down:

I'd try checking float level in your carbs if you're sure they're getting fuel into the bowl, and then do a leakdown to make sure the right side ain't leaning out so bad it won't fire.. GL

WPW , I am an idiot! Heres a good note for everyone, install your pistons the right way. Guess thats what i get for rushing the end of the build....

At least i found the problem i guess! :banghead:

WPW , I am an idiot! Heres a good note for everyone, install your pistons the right way. Guess thats what i get for rushing the end of the build....

At least i found the problem i guess! :banghead:

Um, not real sure what to say to that. Good job?? At least no harm done.

Brandon

dont know what to say?? Thats easy, what about dumbass, or retard?? No, its funny how such a simple thing can give you such a headache tho. Ill never do that again! And at least its not that big of a deal, half of a topend rebuild is fine with me to solve a problem and ride!!

are your pipes on both sides getting hot. If so u may have yourself a nice air leak somewhere just because you have 160 psi out of each cylinder doesnt mean its air tight. When metal heats up it expands and could be a small air leak that gets bigger when it heats up i would definately do a leak down test since this was just rebuilt. another thing you might try to fix the problem is checking the jetting while no mods were made when rebuilding before you could have had an air leak and running too rich in both cylinders before you rebuilt it.

Yeah dude....if that's not the problem I had the same situation. I brought it in and they took out the reeds and found out they were shot. Got it back and it still wasn't running right crackle and then it would seem like it was running out of gas but it would still idle. Brought it in again and they put new reeds in again cuz there was a little chip taken out. Got it back same thing again...so I brought it up for a third time and they finally figured it out, I can't believe I didn't see it, but it was my CDI box wires...they were hanging low and the pipes melted the wire and it was shorting out every now and then.