cut a set of rear plastics...

well i had a set of plastics that had a couple of minor cracks in them. so i decided to cut them to get rid of the cracks. i think they look pretty good. i may do some more cutting on them but for now i think i will wait. i cut them using a utility knife.

anyway, here's the pics tell me what you think.

DSCN1884.jpg

DSCN1883.jpg

ok i got pics of them on the bike now. i plan to paint them so that they match. any way here's pics of the bike as it sits now...

DSCN1886.jpg

DSCN1888.jpg

i'm still trying to decide if i want to do some more cutting on them. so i took some electricians tape and blacked out what i am thinking of cutting off. tell me if you guys think i should make the other cuts or if i should leave it as it is above. (i only taped one side of the bike for now) this was just a quick 2 minute tape job just to get an idea of what i wanted to do. if i actually do cut them i will measure everything out and make sure it's all straight.

DSCN1889.jpg

DSCN1890.jpg

yes Kaos, those points are sharp as hell. i was kind of going for a "Batman's guantlets" look. i'm thinking about rounding them off a little bit.

Edited by nunyabinness

I like them because they are different from everyone else. I cut my wifes a little different so I am all for the unique stuff. Looks good! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with kaos on the rounding it off a bit (although they do look pretty kickass right now)......I'm just thinking about rolling it over on yourself and I've been hit by enough 3 and 4 wheelers with blunt parts i could only imagine if it were that sharp, minor stab wound lol. But if your not breaking something or getting hurt, your not riding hard enough right?