1987 Banshee worth buying ? I'm New.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/331577189.html

So I have a 2004 YFZ450, never ride'n a banshee but I flip crash break the YFZ450 all the time! The engine is extreemly expensive to replace and work on. I was hope'n the the simple two-stroke banshee would work out better for me, since I do the work my self. Will I be happy with a 20year old quad ? I race, jumps, tricks, and now majority sand...

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcy/331577189.html

So I have a 2004 YFZ450, never ride'n a banshee but I flip crash break the YFZ450 all the time! The engine is extreemly expensive to replace and work on. I was hope'n the the simple two-stroke banshee would work out better for me, since I do the work my self. Will I be happy with a 20year old quad ? I race, jumps, tricks, and now majority sand...

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

banshees are very easy to work on. depending on what you set it up for, they are pretty versatile. not very good for short/tight mx,. but good for anything else. That bike looks ok,. test ride it and tell him $2300 cash or less if you think he`ll take it. You could always use everything on it and sell the frame and build an a-arm bike later too. I wouldnt pay 2700 for it. Thats me though. Has some looks, but thats it, unless he decided to sell and NOT mention any mods other than porting.

Maybe you should slow down and get a utility quad so you don't flip/wreck/break that thing...LOL.

Compared to your YFZ, it sucks at jumps, turns, tricks and everything else BUT sand...

You'll love the motor output....but the chassis is SEVERELY dated, as is the suspension.

While you can do tricks and stunts on a shee...it's much easier on a 4 poke. The shorter wheelbase and torqueier motor make it easier to manage...the banshee motor is like a lightswitch...whereas the YFZ is like a tractor.

My banshee is an 87, its like it was said before the only issue you may have is suspension, and those damn J-arms, however almost everything else is the same on all year banshees. You could always if you seen fit but an A-arm frame and switch everything out. For me the J arm works fine, however I don't really do a lot of MX riding I mainly ride sand, dirt, and trail riding. I have found that the Banshee is very easy to work on using this site and a clymers manual. Between the two I think anyone with a little bit of mechanical skills can fix just about whatever comes along. As for me I have been very pleased with my "20 year old quad" and have beat almost any "new quad" that has come along!

My banshee is an 87, its like it was said before the only issue you may have is suspension, and those damn J-arms, however almost everything else is the same on all year banshees. You could always if you seen fit but an A-arm frame and switch everything out. For me the J arm works fine, however I don't really do a lot of MX riding I mainly ride sand, dirt, and trail riding. I have found that the Banshee is very easy to work on using this site and a clymers manual. Between the two I think anyone with a little bit of mechanical skills can fix just about whatever comes along. As for me I have been very pleased with my "20 year old quad" and have beat almost any "new quad" that has come along!

J ARM FRAME Forever...LOL.

J Arm frames are a favorite among drag racers/duners because they are lighter...and they normally (myself included) cut frame rails off to save weight as well... You won't see a real drag bike in the air...unless it's the front tires for a little bit...LOL.

Ahhhh, so you live in my area huh? For that price, regardless its gonna need work. How mechanically inclined are you?

This brings up a good point.

You need to offer the guy $2k for it. If you decide you don't want the bike let me know. I can always use another bike. :geek: