whats my next mod ?

need help .. raced the "new guy" in our riding group... 06 450.. said it had some cam work and other stuff .. said he was pushing 56 hp to the wheels .. he destroyed me off the line . got me every single time .. raced on the street once and it was much closer .. my bike .... 2000 shee .. ported .. 40 over .. 20cc cool head.. +4 timing .. hinson clutch...fmf pipes .. .. should i mess with the gearing or is it gonna cost me alot more then that ?.. i was gonna buy a 404 kit but some one said they are a waste ..

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had 3 builders tell me to not go with a 68mm big bore on stock cylinders cuz you lose the radius on the transfer ports (or somethin like that...). What kinda port is it, cuz you should've destroyed him on asphalt unless hes runnin more than what he's tellin you. If its only a mild port, step it up to an agressive dune port or a drag port and get some 33 or 35mm pwk carbs. Also, get some CPI's or shearers to go with the bigger porting.

But the question is how do you usually ride your shee? That is what is going to dictate what porting and pipes you will be the most happy with.

Get an aggressive drag port, CPIs or shearers, and some better carbs... or if you want to really beat him and have lots of money get a cub. It will all be over then.

when u say "ported.. 40 over" you meant ported AND bored 40 over right? alot of people sometimes confuse porting with boring, thinking when their cylinder is bored out that they got it "ported",

...yea i meant frresh top end bored 40 0ver ... as far as the port job .. dont know who did it but my mechanic said its was done nicely and its not that aggresive of a port job ... what ever that means .. im going to a swap meet today in english town nj ... gonna pick up the new front sprocket .. who knows what else im gonna find .. btw .. i shouldnt have lost on the street .. my air pressure was off so i was pulling hard to the left and had to get out of the throttle a lil bit .. he wouldnt rematch

Either Im ported with an agressive woods port my TR6s I havent opened the cyls yet to really get a good look (But I dont think I am). or you guys just arent riding correctly. Ive beat 450s and I just made a 700 Raptor look foolish in the dirt and I weighed 120lbs or so more than him. Then I ate him up in the woods. Im the better rider but we switched bikes and I still was faster without a doubt on mine. I fail to see how all of these Banshees are getting ate up by 450s in a drag. Its been a while since Ive rode another Banshee to compare besides trick Banshees that eat mine in a drag I get them in the woods :ermm:

I dont want to be rude, but it sounds like it might be rider. The neighbor has a 2005 yfz450 with cam mod and pipe with jet kit, and a K&N. He pulls dead even with my banshee in a drag race. I only have cool head, 2 into 1 pipe, 2 into 1 intake, and carbon tech reeds. A ported Banshee with pipes ought to hand a 450 his own ass for dinner in a drag race.

ok ... out riding today and the "new guy " shows up again ... starts feeling comfortable and starts telling us what hes got ... 520 stealth kit ? stroker crank .. bigger carb .. programable ignition .. curtis sparks exhaust .. new cam ..etc.etc.. said hes into the motor 1000s .. any way he beat me again ... that thing is a fukin animal off the line .. its not my riding i beat any 700 there .. 660s 450s the same .. IM PISSED ... i rided a fukin banshee ... cant loose to a 4poke ... I got a 1500 budget .. whats my next move ... ? I REFUSE TO LOOSE !!!!!!

i think the 56 hp # the guy said is bullshit ..gotta be more... this guy is like a lil fag .he doesnt wanna tell anyone anything bout his bike .. ( some of my friends ride 4 stroke and were trying to get some info out of him to make there bike a lil faster and he woudnt tell em anything ) he wants to follow us around and shit but wants to get all secretive bout his bike .. I HATE GUYS LIKE THAT !!! I must beat him

i think the 56 hp # the guy said is bullshit ..gotta be more... this guy is like a lil fag .he doesnt wanna tell anyone anything bout his bike .. ( some of my friends ride 4 stroke and were trying to get some info out of him to make there bike a lil faster and he woudnt tell em anything ) he wants to follow us around and shit but wants to get all secretive bout his bike .. I HATE GUYS LIKE THAT !!! I must beat him

I would say that motor in that 450 has to be upwards of high 60's- low 70's hp range.

He's gotta put more than that into it to get 70HP.

My buddy has a 564 Falicon/Nmotion kit. Cams, Nmotion pipe, programable ignition, lightened flywheel...etc.

A LOT of cabbage.

Still mid 50's in HP, MIGHT touch 60.

Unless he's got a shot in a bottle or a super lightweight drag chassis...a 4 mil cub on gas with an override will hand it to him all day long.

Stock vs. stock...or piped vs. piped...a new 450 will beat a banshee.

450s can be made to run...but a banshee can run faster for cheaper.

would a 4mm stroker kit, new carbs maybe 34s ?and a set of cpi or shearers do the trick 4 me .. ? the stroker kit complete with pistons should run 750 (new) or so ...the pipes run about 4-500(dont care if i find em used) ... the carbs i could pick up off ebay 4 like 3-350 ? this would put me close to my 1500 range .. and i could sell the used parts to cover the labor hopefully .... is any thing else needed to run a 4mm stroker ? and im hoping this set up would rip any 450 i come across ...