Who sells billet case?

!TWISTER!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm wrong but a Triple is something expensive. 10mm Turbo you'll get the same number for a fraction of the price.

My 02 cent

If you make the triple yourself, then it's a hell of a lot less than a turbo setup and it will be alot less finicky to tune. There is a reason there are not alot of people who have a turbocharged Banshee. Including all the tooling and fixture material, I am still well under $4k into my triple. :thumbsup:

Yeah I agree on that, but you need to buy the parts? As far as I know just the case is something like 2500$, I missed something.

Ayou are missing the fact that I am making most of the parts. All I have into it is my time and materials, plus some outside process work like anodizing, heat treating, and nitriding (most of which I can get done in exchange for beer). :thumbsup:

Ayou are missing the fact that I am making most of the parts. All I have into it is my time and materials, plus some outside process work like anodizing, heat treating, and nitriding (most of which I can get done in exchange for beer). :thumbsup:

All I can say is have fun doing it!

If you make any 16-18mm case let me know.:biggrin:

Edited by !TWISTER!

All I can say is have fun doing it!

If you make any 16-18mm case let me know.:biggrin:

I am kicking around the idea of making a set of twin cylinder cases as opposed to buying them at the moment. I would kind of like to be able to ride my new frame around a bit this summer. :geek:

a 10mm turbo is going to cost right about the same as a 18mm triple..

Is the power output about the same between the two? I am having trouble seeing what the advantage of choosing to work with a turbo engine is vs. working with a triple. My brain doesn't start functioning until after 10am on Mondays, so maybe that's the reason I can think of anything. :confused:

Dan Hull worked on a 10mm turbo, with HIS set-up, he had approx the same number as his triple.

But his triple did break the fastest speed land record(3,18 @ 108MPH). I don't have any news from his 10mm turbo scimitar. I think he ran 3,21, not sure 'bout it.

@lowriderb: Look in thread in PS you'll see some picture, it's all custom, I don't think its would be the same price as a 18mm Triple.

an 18mm triple will cost you about 12-15k or so to build, the turbo 10mm cheetah that your reffering to that dan built made about 10-15hp less than dans 18mm triple (after my friends talked to him about it).. the turbo scimitar hit in the 250's with a lower boost setting but wasnt "set on kill mode" for the ps races and went some very fast 3.50's.. the 24mm triple on nitrous is what set the record with the 3.18@108mph pass, the 18mm triples werent too far behind that running into the 3.30's..

from what i was told the 18mm triples are putting into the 210 hp ranges with the 10mm cheetah in the 200's..

again this is just what i was told by my friends that were at the races with them..

cost for building a turbo scimitar would be a little more than building a caracal because of the cost of the turbo..