banshee 4 mill plate?one more time!

I just bought a 4 mill. long rod +5 crank. And I want to have the best setup for 300 ft drag. The spacer plate cause me some problem. With my kit I received the upper spacer plate and some builder where I come from (Quebec) said that they always use the under cylinder plate. I have t5, 33 pwk , rms stator, racelogic stage 3 and boost port on transfer. What is the better option for me. the upper plate or the under? Most of you said that the cut dome was the best way to go or upper plate . thanks for reply !

I called vito's and he said We do not sell our crank with the top plate included only the bottom plate. If you read the descriptions of the two plates the bottom plate will give more mid to top end power on a unported engine. The top plate is for engines that are ported or for a engine builder looking for more bottom to mid power gains. I called PR Racing Engine and he said the stroker kit goes as follows. 795 series pistons with kit. special upper plate if you run a cool head.the under the cyl. plate you use with long rod crank only, with stock pistons. 513 series. this your cool head seals to stock cyl surface.i prefer the long rod crank with plate under. though , i have sold a million strkers and have had good results. thank you.. Your comments?????

send the cylinders out, get them ported for the 4 mill crank and the type of riding you do, and get a set of domes cut for the stroker. Leave the plates out! they are just another place for an air leak to happen.

riding 300 ft dirt drag. cut dome = more torque and plate =more rpm??? My cool head have a set of 20cc and 18cc. Can I cut the 20cc to make 18cc stroker dome??

riding 300 ft dirt drag. cut dome = more torque and plate =more rpm??? My cool head have a set of 20cc and 18cc. Can I cut the 20cc to make 18cc stroker dome??

Yes....

And I've never heard of a spacer for the top, only under the cylinder....if you were gonna put it on top, you might was well get cut domes and/or cut head.

Yes....

And I've never heard of a spacer for the top, only under the cylinder....if you were gonna put it on top, you might was well get cut domes and/or cut head.

Look at vito's website for the upper plate. A builder in quebec make the porting job for 1200 bucks!!!! and the others 6 builder put the plate under jugs, He saids my banshee was make detonation with cut dome and it's impossible to have the good timing. I'm very confused. Why i'm born in Quebec!!!!!

I'd find a new builder, if you can.

Not going to look on Vito's site, I believe you, I've just never heard of anyone running an upper plate...I'd think your chances of leaking are way worse up top where all the compression happen vs. on the bottom.

Get your cylinders ported for the correct stroke height, then get stroker domes cut to your spec.

You'll have to mock the motor up to get the proper squish angle...

I'd find a new builder, if you can.

Not going to look on Vito's site, I believe you, I've just never heard of anyone running an upper plate...I'd think your chances of leaking are way worse up top where all the compression happen vs. on the bottom.

Get your cylinders ported for the correct stroke height, then get stroker domes cut to your spec.

You'll have to mock the motor up to get the proper squish angle...

In quebec good banshee builder are very rare.

I honestly have no idea.

There are a few builders on this site, FAST Racing is a sponsor, Jim @ Passion....

There are also quite a few builders on Planetsand.com.

Here is your best bet, call each one personally. See how they treat you, see how well they return your call, etc...and their pricing. They will tell you what is best for you, and mention you're in CA...for shipping purposes.

Make your choice from there....

I honestly have no idea.

There are a few builders on this site, FAST Racing is a sponsor, Jim @ Passion....

There are also quite a few builders on Planetsand.com.

Here is your best bet, call each one personally. See how they treat you, see how well they return your call, etc...and their pricing. They will tell you what is best for you, and mention you're in CA...for shipping purposes.

Make your choice from there....

You are very gently. another question. when I put cut dome or my upper plate, what is the best way with the std base gasket... max thick. to min deck height or opposite?