795 series pistons for long rod

hey this may be a stupid question but do you really need 795 series pistons for a stroker crank ? or could you just get a spacer plate & use regular wiseco pistons with a stroker crank ? :confused: and the only reason i ask is because i found out the other day when i split the cases that i need a new crank... so heavely leaning twards a 4mill stroker & port job.

Edited by greg_banshee

the 795's are to make up for the extra 5mm on a long rod crank (115mm). with stock rods and a +4 stroker crank, u only need to have the domes or head recessed 2mm or run a spacer plate

:thumbsup:

If you ran a stock stroke long rod crank you would still have to run the 795 series pistons.

Long Rod = 795 series pistons

4mill stroker = cut the head or run the spacer plate.

A long rod crank is more reliable because it causes less side load on the piston skirts.

Just a long rod isn't going to give you any power, just a little reliability. A stroker on the otherhand, will give you more power throughout the RPM's, as well as a nice increase in torque. The only reason why I wouldn't get a stroker, is the price. The crank is cheap, but there's all kinds of crap that you need as well in order for her to run right. Do a search for 4mm, there's been several threads on this just in the past couple weeks.