J to A arm converson help

floydfan_90

There is Plenty of info on here about removing the rear tab...Let me go ahead and enlighten you though...yes you do just remove the rear tab of the J-arm mount and keep the front tab on, that is what is generally done you'll need to grind and cut all the excess off...No there is ot other difference in the geometry so everything should be fine unless your frame is "tweaked" keep in mind that not all frames are "exact" so the A-arm conversion you have may need to be fooled with o fit in your frame as the frame it was mocked on may not be exactly as yours....... :beer:

Josh

the a arm frame are different , they have a extra support bar where the back of the a arm bolts to . you would have to add one to your j arm frame . if you need pics let me know.

the easiest way is to just buy a a arm frame and swap everything over , you can get a arm frame for a couple hundred bucks and then sell your j arm frame on ebay and recoupe some money back .

there is a weld in kit to convert a j arm to a a arm , but im not sure who sells them . i think a guy on here used to sell them , maybe some one remembers his name .

i have a straight a arm frame if you need one .

There is Plenty of info on here about removing the rear tab...Let me go ahead and enlighten you though...yes you do just remove the rear tab of the J-arm mount and keep the front tab on, that is what is generally done you'll need to grind and cut all the excess off...No there is ot other difference in the geometry so everything should be fine unless your frame is "tweaked" keep in mind that not all frames are "exact" so the A-arm conversion you have may need to be fooled with o fit in your frame as the frame it was mocked on may not be exactly as yours....... :beer:

Josh

i didn