port and polish

i would like to port and polish myself but do not want to hurt performance. i work with plastic injection molds im used to the same principles but ive never tried this on engines but any advice would be appreciated i just dont want to spend $500 and not get a good response im looking for a mild port but i want to get off cheap this may sound stupid but it never hurts to ask. i mainly trail ride but also like th asphault drags also what are some big power adders for cheap to help me any advice would greatly be appreciated

i would like to port and polish myself but do not want to hurt performance. i work with plastic injection molds im used to the same principles but ive never tried this on engines but any advice would be appreciated i just dont want to spend $500 and not get a good response im looking for a mild port but i want to get off cheap this may sound stupid but it never hurts to ask. i mainly trail ride but also like th asphault drags also what are some big power adders for cheap to help me any advice would greatly be appreciated

This is one of those deals where if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't being do it yourself. I am not trying to be an ass, but that's just the wayt it is. Maybe one of the other guys on here will feel like being more helpful. You may also want to search for this subject on this forum. :thumbsup:

I've done my fair share of porting but............ Best advise I can give is have a reputable builder do it. If you really want to do your own porting you could use the sport port temp plate porting system. It will give you an increase in power but nothing like a pro. Do a search on the web for sport port and you should find what I'm reffering to. Good luck. gipperz

I've done my fair share of porting but............ Best advise I can give is have a reputable builder do it. If you really want to do your own porting you could use the sport port temp plate porting system. It will give you an increase in power but nothing like a pro. Do a search on the web for sport port and you should find what I'm reffering to. Good luck. gipperz

thanks for the replies iwill have somebody else do it for me better to just pay once and have it done right and also i have alot doubt in myself in that area its not like polishing out injection molds i know ,can anyone reccomend somebody that does a good job for reasonable pricing ive been looking at RDZ racing but not sure, i would like to find smoebody closer.

thanks for the replies iwill have somebody else do it for me better to just pay once and have it done right and also i have alot doubt in myself in that area its not like polishing out injection molds i know ,can anyone reccomend somebody that does a good job for reasonable pricing ive been looking at RDZ racing but not sure, i would like to find smoebody closer.

It sounds like you are on the right track now. I personally think there are better places to go rather than RDZ. Maybe some of the guys on here will make some suggestions. :thumbsup: