4 MM Crank

ok.. will a 4 mm crank with a play port be cool for fireroad trails? i know how to get the power to the ground. But do i need to... do anything to the head? cool head 21cc domes. can i basically just drop this thing in? ( with the things i need to get it to the ground, i know) or will it be more for drag? do i need to shave aything or something? cause i really dont want to do that... but really imma probably not going to buy this im just kinda curious.

edit- basically this is what i saw "Banshee 4mm Hot Rod Stroker Crank With 5mm Long Rods, ~ Includes Wrist Pin Bearings" thought i put that in there cause i didnt include the 5mm long rods.

Edited by CRAZY-SHEE!

You need:

stroker cut domes

795 series pistons

new bore for the new pistons

reeds (if you don't already have them)

porting

carbs

air filter setup for new carbs

billet impeller (if you don't have one)

full gasket kit

HD clutch springs

new gears + chain

pipes (if you don't already have them)

Stroker cranks are cheap, its all the other junk you need with it that adds up.

It should be fine for fire roads. You could buil a 4mill stroker for trail riding if you wanted. All depends on the port job. Are your cylinders ported right now, or are they stock porting?

You dont need carbs right a way. Yes they will be a bottle neck but they are ealily changed later. There is always going to be somthing on your machine that is a bottle neck.

cool.. i have s speacial straight cut transmission gear setup by cascade ( 500 wing wongs :/) theyre hinson.. but lemme tell you the first time u take off u now that theyre doing theyre job.. it makes its throttle response better too. Had to buy these cause i pebble got into my gearbox somehow and... well.. :/ i could buy the gears.. all ready got the other stuff... but where do i get the pistons and how do i cut a head for a strocker?

ps.. I THOUGHT COOL HEADS DIDNT NEED TO BE CUT! :/ btw i have nice polished carbs :thumbsup: and lastly what gear setup do you suggest? i was just gonna go with 14/41

Edited by CRAZY-SHEE!

ooo i just did a search and it looks like wiesco makes a kit that has a hot rods 4mm crank with 5mm long rods, 795 pistons, and i gasket set.. well.. im decided this is where my next paycheck will go! ( my gf said i could get it) its only like 900 bucks! :woot: thats awsome

Edited by CRAZY-SHEE!

You ethire need to cut the head or run the spacer plate. Cutting the head is the way better way to go. You dont really do anything to your head if you have a cool head. You just buy domes that are made for a 4mill stroker crank.

Are your cylinders ported now?

as of now.. no but im trying to decide weather to get them done by rb for like 3 weeks or wait the couple months for jeff.. im a patient guy but... 5 months? :/ and where would i buy these domes? and what do i look for domes for a 4mm crank or domes for 5mm long rod or both? btw i have nice POLISHED 38mm keighn carbs. =)

Edited by CRAZY-SHEE!

You run the 795 series Pistons for the long rod crank. You need them if you have a stock stroke long rod crank or a 4mill long rod crank. The Long Rod Cranks have con rods that are 5mm longer. So you need a piston that has the wrist pin 5mm closer to the top of the piston.

As for the extra 4 mill stroke you need to run the spacer plate or run 4mill stroker cut domes. This is because the 4 mill stroker crank lets the piston drop 2mm down farther in to the cylinder at bottom dead center, and it comes up 2mm higher at topd dead center. So you ethire need to space the cylinders up 2mm and run a non stroker cut head. Or just have the head cut so it will allow the pistons to travel up 2 more mm. You would still have to do one of these if you ran a short (stock length) Rod stroker crank. You just wouldnt need the 795 series pistons. The long rod improves piston reliability. They reduce the side load on the piston skirts.

Having the head cut is the better of the two. When you put the spacer plate under the cylinders that also advances the port timings. Some builders do port for 4mill cranks and plan on using a spacer plate with the stock non cut head. Most builders port the cylinders for running no spacer plate and then run domes cut for a stroker crank. Jeff at Fast or any other builder will be able to get you these domes. It really isnt that big of a deal.

Those carbs will probably be to big unless your building an all out drag bike. If your going to be doing general riding aournd. The biggest I would go is 35mm PWK with a set of CPI pipes, or PWK 33's if your going to be running a pipe like toomey T5's