DO i need high octane gas?

MY COOL HEAD FINALLY CAME! ok so my question is this.. i been running 91 octane premium pump gas on +4 timing. can i keep running this with the 1cc cool head and the +4 timing? anything else effect compression that i didnt know about? i had no idea timing effected compression! O.o

MY COOL HEAD FINALLY CAME! ok so my question is this.. i been running 91 octane premium pump gas on +4 timing. can i keep running this with the 1cc cool head and the +4 timing? anything else effect compression that i didnt know about? i had no idea timing effected compression! O.o

1cc dome holy shit man you need rocket fuel. im jk man i think you might want to cheak that # again. 17cc/18cc/19cc/20cc/21cc/22cc/ and there are some smaller cc ones like 15 and 16 i think but im pretty sure they are special order or specialy made

Edited by yamaha04

lol i just missed the 2 man. lol its a 21 cc cool head.

should beable to run pump gas. its kinda the limit then you have to start a 50/50 mix depending on compression. but its always goo to cheap your compression after install just to make sure. if over umm around 155/160 then i would mix 50/50 race/pump but im sure with 21 you will be fine acouple of my freinds havent had any problems with that size

autozone carries a great OEM compression tester for 29.95...go get it and make sure.....hold the throttle open when you do your test...kick it until the gauge doesnt go any higher..

I run 20cc domes on 93 octane and dont have a problem. I have run +4 and now and running +7, so I know they work.

Edited by bansheeboy02

i live in az so i think im somewherer around 0-1500 range. and i think its the original top end from like.. 20 years ago XD XD XD XD took the cylinders out and they have huge scratchs down the side... if i told u what the compression came out to be u would all make fun of me so lets just say.. i need a new top end and the compression iz LOOOOW. ( yea yea im working on it) :shrug:

lol i was talking about bansheeboy02. he said he ran 20 cc domes and 93 octane. im accualy going to try and run this setup once i get my cyilinders back so i was just asking him if it was a freash topend and what elevation he was at. also what kinda compression is he running?

lol i was talking about bansheeboy02. he said he ran 20 cc domes and 93 octane. im accualy going to try and run this setup once i get my cyilinders back so i was just asking him if it was a freash topend and what elevation he was at. also what kinda compression is he running?

The top end is brand new .030 over and my elevation is 0 - 750 ft. I havnt checked the compression yet, I just put it together so I am working out the carb bugs.

The top end is brand new .030 over and my elevation is 0 - 750 ft. I havnt checked the compression yet, I just put it together so I am working out the carb bugs.

cool post back in here or pm me when you get it running good. i would like to know the compression and if your running race fuel mix yet.