porting transfer ports

ok, ive spent days searching for this before i posted it, and came up with little to nothing. i am porting my own cylinders and got one done pretty much, i want to go to the transfer ports but cant find much info on them. ive read you dont want to raise them much, but how wide can you go and still maintain a good overall powerband?? im not trying to step on maybodys toes here, like the real builders, just trying to accomplish sompthing for my own personal pride. i have a brand new set of untouched cylinders incase i screw up, but this is sompthnig i really want to try. ive been taking pics all along the way so you guys could give some constructive critisim, just have to develop them. and where is the best plact to buy a tool to get to the transfer ports?? cant find anything there either. i will try to post some pics soon too, polishing the cyls and head, looks cool.

thanks a billion guys

matt

ok, ive spent days searching for this before i posted it, and came up with little to nothing. i am porting my own cylinders and got one done pretty much, i want to go to the transfer ports but cant find much info on them. ive read you dont want to raise them much, but how wide can you go and still maintain a good overall powerband?? im not trying to step on maybodys toes here, like the real builders, just trying to accomplish sompthing for my own personal pride. i have a brand new set of untouched cylinders incase i screw up, but this is sompthnig i really want to try. ive been taking pics all along the way so you guys could give some constructive critisim, just have to develop them. and where is the best plact to buy a tool to get to the transfer ports?? cant find anything there either. i will try to post some pics soon too, polishing the cyls and head, looks cool.

thanks a billion guys

matt

you can get some awesome porting tools at ccspecialtytool.com and cant really tell you how to port the transfers because that depends on what you did to the rest of the cylinder and what type of power you want, I know this because I'm starting to do all my own porting, I've read a lot of helpful material for macdizzy's 2 stroke page just goggle it, it has how to do cylinder mapping. I think in a week or so I'm going to order the tsr 2 storke porting software. Hope this helps u a little, I'm still a beginer with porting.