Impact Driver

Im going to buy an impact driver for a few projects I have and am wondering witch one you all consider the most powerfull for the buck and where to buy. Im not looking to spend a fortune Ill upgrade later on if I need to.

Thanks

i have a ingersolrand and im happy with it , it has more power than i will ever need , i think 660 foot pounds , never had something it woulnt take off , it wasnt that expensive maybe 140 bucks . with ingersollrand you have to be careful because they make ones that are made in china that are not as good (the ones Lowe's sells) .

i also have a battery operated impact gun and i will tell you i am very in pressed with it , alot more power than i would have ever thought , i use my air gun alot less now , i save it for the big stuff , every thing else i use the batt opt. gun . pain in the ass to fill up compressor to take off 1 bolt .

Im going to buy an impact driver for a few projects I have and am wondering witch one you all consider the most powerfull for the buck and where to buy. Im not looking to spend a fortune Ill upgrade later on if I need to.

Thanks

232TG-748616.jpg

I have this one. I have had it for about 6 years and it still looks and works like new. It's not the cheapest gun, but compared to the cost Snap On gun, it's pretty inexpensive. I also have the matching air ratchet which so far has been the best air ratchet I have ever used. :thumbsup:

Cool thanks guys, Ill probably end up buying a half decent one and some other tools to take some bikes apart to see what I can salvage to either work on or sell would be the wisest.

Well Im off for the weekend for a few races wish me luck Ill need it with stock components.

BTW I was a second away from snaging this 2:1 Trinity setup but Im going with a 4mil grunt port setup so they will be pretty open So I need a 35 This 33 PWK setup would be killer for a stock or woods ported Banshee everything you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BANSHEE-CAR...098737573QQrdZ1

232TG-748616.jpg

I have this one. I have had it for about 6 years and it still looks and works like new. It's not the cheapest gun, but compared to the cost Snap On gun, it's pretty inexpensive. I also have the matching air ratchet which so far has been the best air ratchet I have ever used. :thumbsup:

i have used that gun before , its a good one , i was going to buy it but it was a little expensive , 300 bucks i think or close to it . mine is a ingersolrand # 231 i think

i have used that gun before , its a good one , i was going to buy it but it was a little expensive , 300 bucks i think or close to it . mine is a ingersolrand # 231 i think

I may have paid that much for it, I don't really remember. I know I bought it as a package deal with the matching air ratchet. I think you got a free t-shirt and a pocket knife or something like that with the package. Back in WA, I have several friends that I grew up with that are mechanics for Northwest CAT and my gun has gotten some nuts off that their $1600 Snap-on guns couldn't get off. :thumbsup:

I may have paid that much for it, I don't really remember. I know I bought it as a package deal with the matching air ratchet. I think you got a free t-shirt and a pocket knife or something like that with the package. Back in WA, I have several friends that I grew up with that are mechanics for Northwest CAT and my gun has gotten some nuts off that their $1600 Snap-on guns couldn't get off. :thumbsup:

i believe it , that is a good gun , when i was buying mine the salesperson told me to buy that one ,

i just looked it up it is only 199 bucks at SEARS , 625 foot pounds of torque ,

I have a Ir 2131 awesome gun, I have had it for around 10yrs and its still has good power. I paid 180 for it but that was some time ago. I know harbor freight sells this model for a great price. If you need a little more power I know that Fastnal has a deal going on the titanium model, which is like 900 "nut busting torque"