TIME FOR TOOMEY T5'S

OK I am going to do it and order some TOOMEY T5'S!!!!!!! I will also be going to the PRO DESIGN PRO FLOW set up and either removing airbox lid or using the airbox vents. Question is the kit comes with 270 and 280 mains for rejetting are these going to be sufficient. Bone stock machine is jetted with 200 mains. I am in the Tri-Cities in Washington State and elevation is only about 300 feet, and usually ride around 45 to 95 degrees throughout the year.

If not it would be cheaper for me to buy the pipes without the kit and just get some jets from local shop.

OK I am going to do it and order some TOOMEY T5'S!!!!!!! I will also be going to the PRO DESIGN PRO FLOW set up and either removing airbox lid or using the airbox vents. Question is the kit comes with 270 and 280 mains for rejetting are these going to be sufficient. Bone stock machine is jetted with 200 mains. I am in the Tri-Cities in Washington State and elevation is only about 300 feet, and usually ride around 45 to 95 degrees throughout the year.

If not it would be cheaper for me to buy the pipes without the kit and just get some jets from local shop.

From what I gather, I have T5's but I went with the UNI 2:1 filter, you will probably be okay on the 280's if you just vent the stock box. However, if you go for the Pro Flow with no lid my guess is that the 280's will not be sufficient. With my UNI 2:1 I run 320-340 depending on riding location and temps.

From what I gather, I have T5's but I went with the UNI 2:1 filter, you will probably be okay on the 280's if you just vent the stock box. However, if you go for the Pro Flow with no lid my guess is that the 280's will not be sufficient. With my UNI 2:1 I run 320-340 depending on riding location and temps.

well i have t5's and no lid with a pro flow setup and k&n

im 850-900 ft above sea level

i have 280's in mine and im 40 over with pro lites, 40 off stock head,and light port work from a&s (raised port timings a lil)

mine did almost 66 hp to the wheels....

i think 270-280 will be spot on for you

and as far as being cheaper to just go buy the jets from the local steelership yes it will be

one other thing i would suggest is a set of dyno jet needles......set them in the third clip postition and i think you will be spot on and very happy with the result.

Dan

Also people complain alot about the bottom end of the T5's, but they still have to be better than stock pipes are at the bottom end aren't they?

You may actually lose a little low end going from stockers to T-5's. HOWEVER, my advice would be to have .030" shaved off the stock head, and get an adjustable timing plate to bump the timing +4. Those two mods together shouldn't cost more that 100 bucks. That will drastically improve your low end, and you should still be able to run pump fuel.

You may actually lose a little low end going from stockers to T-5's. HOWEVER, my advice would be to have .030" shaved off the stock head, and get an adjustable timing plate to bump the timing +4. Those two mods together shouldn't cost more that 100 bucks. That will drastically improve your low end, and you should still be able to run pump fuel.

im on 94 oct pump gas with mine at +4 degrees, and 40 off the head

the low end on mine is awesome,but the lil bit of port work a&s did helped too

like i said in my last post 66.7 hp to the wheels on pump gas and stock carbs

if you have a sunoco station thats about the best pump gas around IMO

Dan

I really did not want to get to carried away with mods right now and I really don't want to lose any bottom end. Makes me wonder if T5's are my best choice? I ride dunes and trails and know I scream around WFO in the dunes and the Toomey's would be great for just that but I also love riding the hell out of wheelies which I can do now ripping the hell out of a brodie and standing her on her tail then seeing how long I can keep the bitch there before falling on my back most of the times. Also thrashing myself through the woops on trails. Losing the bottom would make wheelies harder. How noticeable is the loss at the bottom I guess is what I really need to know???

when i first put my t5s on i ran the 280 jets. i ride from glamis which is around 0 ft to sand mountain nevada which is around 4k ft and around my home town aroud 2000 ft. i have the k7n clamp on filters. i never had to re jet and shee ripped. my buddy runs the t5s with the pro desighn with out lid and his was the same. i think the 280 s are the ticket. id just run the dyno jet kit. the needles are known to be good.

I used to run the same setup a bit above sea level so it's sounds about right. The bike felt just right, even better without the box & moved up to 300.

OK so the kit sounds good. Best bet to remove airbox lid entirely, cut back section off, or use the airbox vents? I guess all that depends upon riding conditions. I will be placing the order first thing Wednesday morning. Hopefully all of the jetting instructions are complete and work well if not you and I all know where I will be going to for help the HQ. Thanks to all

4th clip, 300 to start, without a lid. you get vforce and other stuff you might end up at like 320.

thats what i used to run on my old t5 stock stuff.

remember to get the slides in correctly, cut out faces towards the box. DONT FORGET.