Banshee Title

FireHead

I would just assume not go through the hassle of registering my triple in it's custom drag frame as a custom quad. If anyone has a title left over from a parted out bike that they would like to sell, please let me know. :thumbsup:

This is a mostly legitimate deal. I am not trying to cover up a stolen vehicle or anything like that. I would be happy to write adn/or sign wahtever you like for a Bill of Sale, ;so that you are legally covered. I am just doing this as a shortcut to get a license and registration (why I stated that it's a mostly legitimate deal). :thanks:

I thought you posted your going to Oregon. If you are Oregon dosen't require a registration for offroad. It is a option if you want to donate $55 to DMV and you still have to puchase a ATV permit besides. You do have to have some numbers for a ATV permit like the engine serail # if that is all you have. When I've bought permits I could have rattled off about 12 random digits because I have never had a vendor check the accuracy of the VIN #.

I thought you posted your going to Oregon. If you are Oregon dosen't require a registration for offroad. It is a option if you want to donate $55 to DMV and you still have to puchase a ATV permit besides. You do have to have some numbers for a ATV permit like the engine serail # if that is all you have. When I've bought permits I could have rattled off about 12 random digits because I have never had a vendor check the accuracy of the VIN #.

I am moving to Portland, OR. Now, have seen what appears to be an ORV license on the bikes from Oregon at Florence, what is the deal with that if they don't require registration?

If you don't have to register a bike what do you pay the DMV $55 for?

Either way I think I would like to have a title for my triple. Does Oregon not issue ATV titles?

I guess I am a little confused at this point. :blink:

what i have seen done in aftermarket chromoly frames in strict states, they cut the tube containing the vin off a stocker and weld it on the desired frame. you may need to get a frame and title. otherwise it is tottaly illegal. not just a lil.i would start looking into that.

what i have seen done in aftermarket chromoly frames in strict states, they cut the tube containing the vin off a stocker and weld it on the desired frame. you may need to get a frame and title. otherwise it is tottaly illegal. not just a lil.i would start looking into that.

That is my other option is to a get a frame with a title and transfer the VIN to my new frame.

The short cut I would like to make, which is probably not the most legal, is for someone who has parted a bike out, destroyed a frame, or whatever sell me their title. The shipment of the frame is the part of the equation that I could do without. The only reason for that is I don't really want to go through the hassle of turning around and reselling the OEM frame I would need to buy to get the title. :geek:

i have a missouri title for a 1997 banshee for 200.00 and the frame was one that was cut to race,sold frame but numbers were not on it..i also have a bill of sale for a 1987 banshee from a motorcycle dealer but no title for 150.00..this should allow you to get title also.

or i have a 1998 banshee bill of sale

or bill of sale on 1989 banshee

or bill of sale on another 1987...your pick :biggrin:

i have a missouri title for a 1997 banshee for 200.00 and the frame was one that was cut to race,sold frame but numbers were not on it..i also have a bill of sale for a 1987 banshee from a motorcycle dealer but no title for 150.00..this should allow you to get title also.

I am interested in the title only. A couple other folks have offered me titles, so once I talk to them some more I will shoot you a PM if I am still interested. :beer: