engine degrees timing plate

I want to advance my timing, going to modify the origional plate. Has anyone done this, whats the best degrees and do you have any pics.. Please help, thanks.

Jeff at F.A.S.T. once told me that if you grind it as far as you possilby can it would be about 4 degrees of timing.

Without markings, hard to say. And even the markings on the plate I'd have to say are the best guess at that...

On the RS plate, each 1 to 2mm or so is 1 degree of advance...

Here's a picture of one, so...maybe that can help a little...

If you are looking at the plate as it would mount on the bike, you'd want to be able to turn the plate clockwise to advance the timing...so, grind accordingly...

http://www.rickystator.com/catalog/product...products_id=131

Thank you very much.

One more thing, my motor is stock, i have sst pipes and pro filter inc jets. How many degrees on timing plate would be safe for my motor, will i have to change the fuel-(95octane)? What would you reconmend. Does it make a big difference to adjust the degrees?

I advanced the timing by 3degrees by slotting the pick up and turning it clockwise by 3mm, test the bike and lost revs (quite a big difference). I put it back to standard and ganed my revs back. Did i do something wrong? must something else be done if you advance timing? ----Sorry how do you add a picture to this document?------- Thanks