air screw,cant figure it out! please help

i read the section on how the carb works,i understand how it works,but i cant seem to grasp how to properly adjust that dam air screw!!,i know you pro's hate answering the same questions over and over,but can someone please give me a quick explanation of how to adjust the air screw,running fmf fattys(jetting is fine,260 main-30 pilot) cool head 22 cc domes(thats reakky it for the mods)thanks guys

i read the section on how the carb works,i understand how it works,but i cant seem to grasp how to properly adjust that dam air screw!!,i know you pro's hate answering the same questions over and over,but can someone please give me a quick explanation of how to adjust the air screw,running fmf fattys(jetting is fine,260 main-30 pilot) cool head 22 cc domes(thats reakky it for the mods)thanks guys

Warm your bike up. Work on one side at a time. turn the screw all the way in and back it out 1/2 turn at a time till you get hieghest smoothest idle. Do the same on the other. give 10 secounds between each adjustment. Note how many turns out you are. Now adjust for throttle response. 1/4 turn at a time. After done if you are less than 1 turn out you probably need bigger pilots. If more than 2 turns out you need smaller pilots.

Edited by Crazy05