Race gas

ban-shred

I'm looking for a good race gas i've think about the VP mr2 but 102 octane value...is this enought or should i go with the mr8 at 108 octane.I will put an adjustable timing plate on it but i don't really know where to set it...i heard +4 was a good choice but with +4 will i be able to run on my normal gas(super unleaded)or would it be better to put some race gas in my mixes???If yes i will buy a larger quantitie of gas

I usually run VP U2, unless I need a higher octane fuel or can't get ahold of any U2. I sort of have a thing for fuels with oxygen additives in them. I can always blend in propylene oxide myself to some cheaper race gas, but I am generally to lazy to do that.

Sunoco, Trick, and VP make good methanol as always and I have been known to go that directikon from time to time. :thumbsup:

Well it depends on what octane requirements your motor needs based on compression, timing, and altitude mainly. You may not even need race gas depending on your combo. VP makes great fuel but I think it's overpriced. I like Torco 110, have had great results with it. I've also used Turbo Blue, and Cam2 which are both typically cheaper fuels. Many people use AVGAS and swear by it, I've never tried it though. Check around and see whats available in your area. Ask some car racers as they usually know of a few places to get fuel.

Yeah, it really depends on your compression to determine what octane you can run. I ran avgas 100LL for two years without any problems, but at the time my compression was only at around 150, which is fine. Once you get up in the 160's and up you chould go to race fuel at 110 octane, but the bike will tell you if it is right as long as you know what the compression is...............

Once you get up in the 160's and up you chould go to race fuel at 110 octane, but the bike will tell you if it is right as long as you know what the compression is...............

damn, no wonder i was detonating with 101 and 210 psi.

:biggrin:

As stated, once you go north of 165 - ish you should probably think about a 110 or better race fuel, especially if you are throwing extra timing at it. I prefer Trick 114 personally. Have VP, Sunoco and Trick in the area, some swear by each, so it probably comes somewhat down to simply preference.