WHATS MORE FUN A BANSHEE OR MOTORCYCLE IN NEW ENGLAND?

WELL IVE BEEN THINKING OF GETTING A STREET BIKE NOW FOR A WHILE. HOWEVER IN ORDER FOR THIS TO HAPPEN I MAY HAVE TO SELL THE SHEE. THE THING IS THERES JUST NOT ALOT OF TRAILS AROUND ME ANYMORE, BUT THERES A TON OF ROAD TO RIDE A STREET BIKE ON. I WANT TO GO RIDING EVERYDAY BUT I CANT. I GO ABOUT ONCE A MONTH. HOWEVER WITH A STREET BIKE I CAN GO EVERYDAY. I CAN EVEN DRIVE IT TO WORK IF I WANT TOO. WELL I GUESS NOT EVERYDAY BECAUSE IT GETS COLD OVER HERE IN NEW ENGLAND IN THE WINTERS BUT I BARLEY DRIVE THE QUAD IN THE WINTERS EITHER. SO WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK?

LET ME KNOW. ALSO LOOKING FOR PERSONAL EXPERIENCES. MAYBE ONE OF YOU HAVE THOUGHT OF THIS, MAYBE ONE OF YOU HAVE DONE THIS. WAS IT WORTH IT?

THANKS

i had a 2001 honda cbr 929 that i bought brand new , i sunk about 5000 grand into it, it was very fast and fun to ride , i bunch of my friends had them too . it was alot of fun going out with a group , after a while it got a little boring , i would say i rode it every day when i first got , then it turned into once a week , then every once in a while , ended up i wouldnt ride it too often , fun to take to work at first , then i wanted to drink coffee during the ride so that ended .

they are very dangerous , you have to be careful , i have a wife and a house and maybe soon a couple kids to take care of . scares the hell out of the wife , so it had to go.

i had alot of good times on it , it was very fast , one of the fastest of that time, (had a lot of motor work ) i did 191 mph on it .

and the fact that i paid 16-17 thousand for it with all the work and i sold it 2 or 3 years later for a little over 5000 , they dont hold there value , every year the street bikes are faster and lighter .

i still race motor cross on my dirtbike , and have my banshee , thats all the thrill i need for now .

i had a lot of good times on my street bike .

i road my friends new R1 the other day and its the fastest street bike i ever rode , it does almost 100 mph in first gear , :woot:

I have a street bike myself. I may be upgrading to a newer bike this year, not sure yet. I think ever since i got one, I'll probably never go without one. I take it to the office, and ride around all the time on the good days. I do have a bunch of friends that I ride with so that helps keep things exciting, as well as seeing new places a lot when we ride.

Actually working on a new site right now for street bikers. More to come on that later, but as for the street scene, I don't think I'll ever be without a street bike.

but as for the street scene, I don't think I'll ever be without a street bike.

Word! The temperature is going to be around 65 degrees today. Me and a few friends are going to do some early spring riding today. There will be lots of bikes on the rode. We will be riding along the Great River Road It runs along the Mississippi River near Grafton Illinois. Very scenic, good for viewing bald eagles as well.

Well, that is a hard choice. Fortunately I'm at a time in my life when I don't have to make that choice. I don't think I will ever get rid of my Banshee, I plan to be buried with it, along with all my guns. But I guess if I had to choose just one, I would most likely take the street bike. It can be ridden right out of my garage, you can ride two up, and a lot of my friends have street bikes.

get both

if you own the banshee outright ..keep it

find a used street bike from a private party 4 good deal and go talk to local credit union

they got good rates 4 something a couple years old

stay away from the stealerships!

and don't go crazy on price in case u don't end up getting into street as much

i've had both

street is awsome

long all day cruises down winding backroads

not to mention ..140 hp strapped btween your thighs

but can be dangerous as well..people are in way to much of a rush these days and just do not look 4 bikes

my street riding and fzr1000 came to an end a couple years ago when a toyt p/up pulled in front of me while i was doing 50-60...broadside...5 full somersaults through the air and pogo off my knees

back will never be the same ..but i'm alive

b4 that it was pretty much an every other day event with assholes almost running me down ..not looking out 4 bikes

the guy that drives truck 4 me..sitting at a stop light on his harley..gets rearend by a chick who never even looked up or hit the brakes..slams him at 50..sent up and over the back of her car laying in the street...she had no insurance either!

his back is f'ed up..10-16 cortezone shots every 4-6 month in his spine

i've also seen a few of my buddies die on street

it's a reality

at least with the banshee there is only a couple variables ..unlike street

and not to many people die riding quad/dirtbike

and as far as places to ride it...i have to drive 45 mins 4 hollister after that then i go 2-3 hrs 4 riding...well worth it

like said above...when riding ur limited with what u can bring and do..no coffee,ciggys,or luggage

i grew up/rode in mass

your also limited in riding weather and seasons...thats the main reason i moved out to california

out here you can get up and go ride all day with out worry of the sun dissapearing..pretty much 10 months a year

back east was 5-6 good months more if your a diehard

the get up and leave while its sunny & 80 and 1/2 way thru day (usually about an 1 hr b4 your getting out of work) its black and pouring/thunder and lightning and parked under an overpass an hr from home

sorry for the ramble..

which ever way you go ....goodluck

and just make sure you think every thing out b4 you rush into something .......don't sell the banshee :biggrin:

Well i would have to say its not easy to make that decision, i sold my tricked out blaster for my 50, then built it up, and then decided i wanted a bike, so i bought a zx6r and had to sell the tricked out ttr50, and now i regret it as i only have a bike and its no fun when its cold or shitty weather. I love my bike to death and i am buying a banshee in a few weeks (all ready gave depost to the kid) and i will have the best of both worlds, but i dont think you should sell the shee to get the bike...

Ben