Hi everyone new member!

marko62s

Hi everyone, i picked up a 2000 shee about a month ago. I bought it from the original owner, an older guy all stock, even had the original spark plugs in her.

Anyway since the time i got it i put in new plugs FMF gold series pipes and a K&N with snorkle removed. I also picked up a FMF jet kit, and the TORS removal kit..

I took it out today on some family property for some bonding time. :evil:

I removed the stock 200 main jets and added the 280's that came with my kit. I also have the A/F screw turned one half turn out. She runs very well it just wont idle. I dont know if i ground down the posts on the card enough for the idle screws or what.

I also have a hell of a time starting her, its about 45 degrees here in PA It will start second kick if i give it aliitle throttle, is that normal?

Thanks guys i hope to learn alot from this place.

Sounds to me like you need to bump up the pilot jet. What pilot is in it now?. Maybe someone else could chime in on this but correct me if im wrong your pilot jet controls idle. Your question sounds more like a jetting issue and you probly would have better luck posting over in the jetting section :thumbsup:

Edited by 96_banshee_96

Sounds to me like you need to bump up the pilot jet. What pilot is in it now?. Maybe someone else could chime in on this but correct me if im wrong your pilot jet controls idle. Your question sounds more like a jetting issue and you probly would have better luck posting over in the jetting section :thumbsup:

I had a similar set up once apon a time. I changed my pilots 27.5 and I would suggest an aftermarket needle kit as well. You must make sure your carbs are synced or shee will idle funky. Your 280 main sounds way fat for a stock motor with air box lid. I would try a240-260 main, or go with a pro-flo intake set-up.Click on F.A.S.T. racing a site sponsor and he has plenty of jets in stock.

Hi everyone, i picked up a 2000 shee about a month ago. I bought it from the original owner, an older guy all stock, even had the original spark plugs in her.

Anyway since the time i got it i put in new plugs FMF gold series pipes and a K&N with snorkle removed. I also picked up a FMF jet kit, and the TORS removal kit..

I took it out today on some family property for some bonding time. :evil:

I removed the stock 200 main jets and added the 280's that came with my kit. I also have the A/F screw turned one half turn out. She runs very well it just wont idle. I dont know if i ground down the posts on the card enough for the idle screws or what.

I also have a hell of a time starting her, its about 45 degrees here in PA It will start second kick if i give it aliitle throttle, is that normal?

Thanks guys i hope to learn alot from this place.

Make sure you unhooked the black box under the left front side of your bike (when your sitting on the bike) and the throttle control switch on the handle bars under the throttle cover with out this the bike will not idle. Thanks for joining the HQ :beer:

Most deffinately check your plugs b4 you put in a smaller jet and then when and if you do check them again. remember it is always better to run too rich than too lean too rich means a lil tiny loss in power but your engine DOES NOT blow upo and too lean means well just the opisite. just a ticking time bomb if it is too lean. and welcome to the HQ BRA