anybody see the new banshee in dirtwheels

I instantly started thinking about ways to get some cash together! What do you guys think the odds are that they'll come out with something similar to what Dirt Wheels reported was in prototype in this months issue? I mean, a 500cc, twin cylinder, 4 stroke banshee could be one bad a$$ machine. But for now, I guess we'll have to dream :banghead:

I instantly started thinking about ways to get some cash together! What do you guys think the odds are that they'll come out with something similar to what Dirt Wheels reported was in prototype in this months issue? I mean, a 500cc, twin cylinder, 4 stroke banshee could be one bad a$$ machine. But for now, I guess we'll have to dream :banghead:

The odds? I'm thinking maybe a snow balls chance in hell........

Any cash that you might have been getting together for that, you can just send to me......................

Past, that I talked to my buddy at Yamaha R&D Cypress, CA, the other day, and he confirmed that it was b.s. i actually hadn't seen or heard about the cover photo up until the point he brought it up and I had to ask him what the hell he was talking about. The only reason I called him was that I was looking for some plastic scraps. :shoothead:

The odds? I'm thinking maybe a snow balls chance in hell........

ok i know this is like beating a dead whore but,, what if.... say yamaha does really come out with this new 4choke banshee? i mean if you look at the banshee as it is now there are a ton of things they have not improved on in years and years, what if yamaha finally deided to improve the things that need to be improved and put a 4 choke 500 motor in it? would you give it a second look? and would you still consider it a true banshee. the mag talks about it being a snow mobile motor why not? the original motor was suposed to be for a street bike? look at the suspension an a stock shee its complete utter shit and its front heavy and the low end sucks and even though im a loyal banshee owner and rider i like the power of the new 4 chokes they just arent comfy to ride. the banshee is a super comfy bike so what if they really do re vamp it as a 4 choke?????? what then

post-14855-1173227991.jpg

ok i know this is like beating a dead whore but,, what if.... say yamaha does really come out with this new 4choke banshee? i mean if you look at the banshee as it is now there are a ton of things they have not improved on in years and years, what if yamaha finally deided to improve the things that need to be improved and put a 4 choke 500 motor in it? would you give it a second look? and would you still consider it a true banshee. the mag talks about it being a snow mobile motor why not? the original motor was suposed to be for a street bike? look at the suspension an a stock shee its complete utter shit and its front heavy and the low end sucks and even though im a loyal banshee owner and rider i like the power of the new 4 chokes they just arent comfy to ride. the banshee is a super comfy bike so what if they really do re vamp it as a 4 choke?????? what then

the yfz 350 was in a street bike aka rz350. also, they should make that bike now otherwise now that the idea is all out there, someone might take that idea and use it.

Edited by fastrthnu

That would be an absolute disgrace to us Banshee owners if Yamaha called a 4-stroke a Banshee. The Banshee was born a 2-stroke and it should rest in piece like one, period!

Chris

yea I agree there. but they should still make it,. just call it something else. Because its not at all a banshee. frame motor plastic everything is different.

ok i might get bitched at but i was talking to 2 diff dealers and thing 500 2 cylinder 4 poke might be a real quad in 2008 or 2009 but the dealers i was talking to said its not a for srue thing right yet and that yamaha is working on somthing i got pics to post of the 500 banshee ill post them soon when i got the cam