Scary Fast Power Now

04' Black Betty

I never ran them myself and I dont know if anyone posted this already because I didnt read through all the post but I heard they dotn work on 2 strokes at all but they work alright on 4 pokes :shrug:

I think some one sort of mentioned it.

I posted the following awhile ago in this thread:

"I would think that the potential for some sort of felt performance increase would increase if the application were a single cylinder, large displacement engine as they would have the strongest and longest intake pulse in the ATV and motorcycle market."

:thumbsup:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

I realize this is an old thread, but I have to put in my 2 cents. OK, I recently purchased a pair of 39mm pwk carbs off a 2000 xc 700. I will be running one of these on my ported '85 1/2 Tri-z, and one on my '01 banshee. I currently run a 36mm pwk quadvent on my cascade 2 into 1 intake. with my freshly ported cylinders (F.A.S.T.) I was recomended (from cascade) to run a larger 38 or 39 mm carb to take advantage of the new port, on top-end. however, cascade admitted that there would be a bottom-end loss with the larger carb. So, since i am a polaris technician, and have heard several guys raving about these things in there sleds, I ordered up a set of SLP's Power Pack venturi dividers (they look to be the exact same things that Jeff @ F.A.S.T. is sellingJeffs Dividers). I will be running these in both the tri-z and banshee (since i got 2 sets). What i am hoping for, is that the dividers will make the larger bore 39mm carb have the same or better bottom-end characteristics than the smaller 36mm carb, without sacrificing top end. I haven't gotten my cylinders back from Jeff yet, but i am thinking of mounting the 39mm carb up (on my stock port cylinders) and testing it without the dividers, then install the dividers and see if there is a big difference. The idea behind the dividers makes sense to me, and like i said, i have quite a few guys who run these in their xc700 & xc800 sleds and love 'em. I will let everyone know what i find out. :unsure:

when a company comes out with a "go fast bolt-on product" like this ,they should have to provide some kind of proof that it really works. i know i bitched alot about this thing but $200 is alot for something with questionable performance gains. thier diagram is way off. the air pillow or swirl affect is located under the slide and not in front of it. i'd like to see these run on a flowbench and a dyno to settle it once and for all.(at the manufacturers expense).

why waste $200 on something like this? i feel this product attracts people that want more power but dont have or dont want to spend money on something that actually works. save your money for stuff that really works like porting and increasing engine displacement. worry about putting more air into the motor instead of having it direct air differently for slim to almost no gains.

• 2 weeks later...
I realize this is an old thread, but I have to put in my 2 cents. OK, I recently purchased a pair of 39mm pwk carbs off a 2000 xc 700. I will be running one of these on my ported '85 1/2 Tri-z, and one on my '01 banshee. I currently run a 36mm pwk quadvent on my cascade 2 into 1 intake. with my freshly ported cylinders (F.A.S.T.) I was recomended (from cascade) to run a larger 38 or 39 mm carb to take advantage of the new port, on top-end. however, cascade admitted that there would be a bottom-end loss with the larger carb. So, since i am a polaris technician, and have heard several guys raving about these things in there sleds, I ordered up a set of SLP's Power Pack venturi dividers (they look to be the exact same things that Jeff @ F.A.S.T. is sellingJeffs Dividers). I will be running these in both the tri-z and banshee (since i got 2 sets). What i am hoping for, is that the dividers will make the larger bore 39mm carb have the same or better bottom-end characteristics than the smaller 36mm carb, without sacrificing top end. I haven't gotten my cylinders back from Jeff yet, but i am thinking of mounting the 39mm carb up (on my stock port cylinders) and testing it without the dividers, then install the dividers and see if there is a big difference. The idea behind the dividers makes sense to me, and like i said, i have quite a few guys who run these in their xc700 & xc800 sleds and love 'em. I will let everyone know what i find out. :unsure:

just found this post and I just did basically the same thing as what bancheez was going to do. I have a trinity 2 to 1 with a 39mm pwk. I got everything dialed end and it ran hard clear though except for out of the hole. I had a pretty good bog off the start. I messed with my jetting and found out it wasnt that so I decided to drop 40 bucks on jeffs dividers. I know alot of guys on here are against these things but for this particular setup it worked wonders. I have so much more "snap" off the start its like a whole new carb. Now before everyone starts posting"YOU HAD TOO BIG OF CARB" I got a hell of a deal on the whole setup so I was determined to make it work. So in my opinion I think anyone who has 35mm carb(s) or bigger they would probably feel a noticable difference with the dividers. imo