is this possible and am i on the right track

mod quad 2

my question is how competitive can i make my banshee to run mx this year and run with 450's and modded 440ex's stuff like that my shee got tones of motor but now it's suspension time heres my idea

a complete yfz front end (a arms tie rod's and shocks) cut my swing arm to a -2..then when i get some more money get a g-force axle and respring and revalve the rear shock...will this make my bike 450 competitive and how much will a revalve rear shock take without botteming out

Nothing's going to make you competetive with the 450's if you don't have the skill to back it up. Not saying you don't by any means but the majority of wether or not you'll keep up hinges on if you have the skill to do so.

I'd say yes you're on the right track. I agree with everything you're wanting to do aside from the front end. Sure it's a ok upgrade over stock but (this is just my opinion) I think you're far better off with some a arms built for the banshee and some properly valved works. You can find used aftermarket banshee front ends for just as much or cheaper then a YFZ front end, but either is going to get the job done.

That's the cheap way to do it. if you have a lot, a LOT of money to throw around the 250R geometry chassis is the way to go.

Not to forget your motor. You said you have enough motor, but how is the power delivery? You want a broad smooth powerband for mx so you can put all the power that 350 twin is putting out to the ground. What exaust/intake/porting combo do you have?

Other things will also aid greatly in your performance on the track like a Scotts steering stabalizer,the FASST Flex bars, and the right tires. :thumbsup:

Edited by Trick2stroke

yeah i no exacty what you mean just i listed stuff i plan on doin at the current moment...and yes i have to smooth out my power my thoughts trade my t5's for ptr mids go 2-1 carb...heres my motor mod's and youll understand lol

Motor mod's

Hotrods 4mm stroker +5rods

.60 795 series pistons

Port and polished

Timing advanced

Barnett clutch

Toomey t5's

K&N filter

K&N Pre filter

Modded airbox lid

Removed airbox drain plug

15 tooth front sprocket

pro design filter adapter

and a few more things im forgeting

the reason i wanted to get the yfz front end was cause it's cheaper right now like 300 for shocks tie rods and a arms but atleastused a arms and works shocks...

I agree that it is not the quad that makes you comeptive... its mostly the rider. I can beat 450s all day on mine, my motor is mostly stock with pipes, cool head, and a single carb. For suspension i have 2+1 arms, -2 swinger, and a steering stabilzer. You sound like you have the right idea... just get more suspension to make it easier to ride. Id go with 2+1 arms and shocks made for the banshee.

You'll love the pt mids, you'll beable to gear up alittle with them also. Around a 16/40 might be good, expecially considering your other motor mods. If you can find a good deal on a YFZ front end or one of the variations on it (the trx shocks ect) that will work great. :thumbsup:

Sounds like after you get your suspension buttoned up you'll have one hell of an mx bike, you definately have the 450's out powered.

awesome man i found a the a arms and stuff for a 100 and shocks for 180 i think...i can get my swinger done for $20 my friends a machinist...and im runnin a 15 on the front now but before i had it when my mechanic clocked it with ptr mids an 16 it did 92 mph and would wheel no prob at 70 mph just tap er probley alittle faster now...

so you's think yfz front end will do?

4 mill with ptr mids! :notworthy:

Check out ebay for hydrodynamics i4500 kit. Its going for 699 plus shipping right now for an entire new front suspension. You cant beat that.

Edited by jlsparky7