Help i lost a peice

May

Its going to be a kidney shaped rubber piece. I am interested in what you are supposed to if you lose these things, since Yamaha doesn't sell them separately.

Several years ago I lost one of the plugs, but I never found a replacement or any other alterantive, so I had to weld the coolant jacket shut inorder to use the cylinders. Needless to say, I do not reccomend doing this, and I didn't run the cylinders for very long. I wound up scrapping them and using part of them to prove out some tool paths on. :thumbsup:

If your local dealer doesnt have them we stock all that kind of OEM parts!! :thumbsup:

If it is #6, I just received two of them through my local yamaha dealership. :thumbsup:

Dammit. When I was looking for those things a few years ago tow Yamaha dealers told me that I had to buy new cylinders since you couldn't get those parts. Of course that's all before I joined the forum and probably didn't know any better. I did try running without the plugs as well as fashioning my own plugs out of a few different materials. In both cases I wound leaking water, both inside and outside the engine. I suppose the moral of my story is that I learn something new every day. :thumbsup:

i lost the seal on the bottom of the jug that goes into the water main where can i find another thanks

the way to magnatize a custom piece of metal is simply to wrap as many coils of insulated wire as you can around it tightly, then momentarly ground out to each battery termal, i maybe 2 times. just spark it. that piece of metal will now be magnatized.