ASR Aarms

yamaha04

hey guys just got my +2+1 arms today from ASR( All star racing). first off the finish is perfect, then arms look supper strong as compared to stock and the hemi joint is huge. it would probebly be better for me to have a ball joint just because of the area i ride in but these hemis look strong as shit and they weigh a tone. anyway i will be installing tomorrow and will update you just with the Fit of the arms. only think is i wont be ably to try them out because my motor is out at jeffs. if anyone else has the asr's then chime in and tell me what you think?

Ive had them for about 8 months and had no problems. Everytime I get home from riding I give the heim joints a shot of wd40, that seem to keep everything good. Also I'm running elkas set up for the arms and my weight, so you might want to look for shocks if you havent already. all in all, I like them.

Ive had them for about 8 months and had no problems. Everytime I get home from riding I give the heim joints a shot of wd40, that seem to keep everything good. Also I'm running elkas set up for the arms and my weight, so you might want to look for shocks if you havent already. all in all, I like them.

yeah i think im going to get some worsk set up. they seem to be a cheap good aftermarket shock. yeah i dont ussualy keep by bike dirty so alittle WD-40 shouldnt be to hard to keep ontop of. iv been reading alot on here and its about 50/50 good and bad comment about the arms but it seem to be the people that have them say there are good and the pople that dont say they have HEARD bad stuff about them. either way im happy with the look and like i said i will tell all how they fit. plus they come with a lifetime warrenty ? probbaly not as of good as warrenty as i would think but still nice to know

Edited by yamaha04

Everytime I get home from riding I give the heim joints a shot of wd40, that seem to keep everything good.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO :wallbash: . You should NEVER lube hiems with ANYTHING. The lube will only attract dirt which will kill it. Hiems have a teflon lining so there is no need to lube them. :beer:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO :wallbash: . You should NEVER lube hiems with ANYTHING. The lube will only attract dirt which will kill it. Hiems have a teflon lining so there is no need to lube them. :beer:

humm interseting. never knew that. where can i find these boot things everyones takeing about?

Do you ride in muddy or extremely wet conditions (large puddles etc). If you ride in dry, dusty, or sandy conditions your hiems will be fine. The "boot" that is sold for them prolly wouldn't do much anyway. The ones i've seen have a pretty loose fit over the hiem.

EDIT: typos

Edited by letsgetthisdone

well i just put the arms on today they look kick ass the only thing is the powder cating is very think in chips off way to easy. not a problem it will only cost alittle more to have them done with some other stuff i was wanting to get done. hers a couple pics

post-23762-1170992200_thumb.jpg

My ASR's came in today, I broke them down and brought them to the coating shop. They seem to be alright for the price. Some of the welds could have been just a bit better, and I wish they would have weighed a little less. Over all I think they will be nice arms. They Heims are HUGE that is where most of the cost comes from.

My ASR's came in today, I broke them down and brought them to the coating shop. They seem to be alright for the price. Some of the welds could have been just a bit better, and I wish they would have weighed a little less. Over all I think they will be nice arms. They Heims are HUGE that is where most of the cost comes from.

lol yeah i noticed one i took the hemis off the weighed alot less. i was blowen away buy the size aswell. my wleds liike wicked but the coating was shit taking them to get PC'ed tomorrow aswell.