3D CAD Models of Banshee Frame

FireHead

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really wouldn't take that much to start from scratch if a person had good measurements. That's the part I don't like. I did that one in about 3 hrs. I didn't even have a frame there to look at, just kinda laid stuff out is why it's not all that close to a stock frame. I have access to V5, maybe that'd be a reason to start learning how to use it.

V5 is where everyone is headed. Boeing and Freightliner are in the middle of a full on change over right now. :thumbsup:

whats the difference between all the programs? how hard would it be to like build your own track or make a ramp or somethin??

Making a ramp would be no big deal. I am not sure why you would want to make a track in a CAD package. I suppose you could lay one out in 2D.

All of the CAD packages have their own unique features. Which one is better really depends on what you are using it for and what sort of business you're in.

Once you figure out the terminology and the little tricks, it is a lot of fun to mess around on.......... :thumbsup:

o no im not in a business like that... im with him/\/\/\ i just wanna mess around on it and try building a fantasy track or somethin...so i take it autocad is prolly what im lookin for since i have no eperience with it

o no im not in a business like that... im with him/\/\/\ i just wanna mess around on it and try building a fantasy track or somethin...so i take it autocad is prolly what im lookin for since i have no eperience with it

I think AutoCAD or Microsoft Visio would be what you are looking for. They should be pretty easy to figure out how to use and you can by books about them at the local Barnes and Noble if you need extra help. :thumbsup:

What are you using for cases on your triple? Is yours a crankenstein like mine or are you doing a triple stock cylinder setup?

I am making the cases for my triple. So, they will essentially be like the Mattoon cases. I am also doing my own cylinder which will wind up something like the Twister triple cylinders. I am going to make my own crankshaft using some sort of production pins (depends on the rod I go with), Banshee snout, and a Banshee out put flange with an extra key.

I have the cases already cut and I have to run them out to anodizing this week. Then I will have to cut and bore out all of the bearing areas, ream the dowl holes, and tap the threaded holes. Past that, I am behind in the game and have alot of design work left to do. I have the cylinders outside mostly done, but the cooling, and all of the ports have a long way to go. It's going to take a bunch of jacking around in the CFD simulation to get that all worked out.

I've been tossing around the idea of modeling my frame as well. It would be nice to have the stock geometry to mess around with and do a little reverse engineering on. It would be pretty time consuming to design it from scratch and get all of the geom. and dimensions correct from the shee in the garage. Be nice to have V5 file to start with :biggrin:.

I have a degree in vehicle design and I'm going for a BSME right now. I'm competent in AutoCAD, UG, and CATIA...but once I got used to V5, I don't want to use anything else. :thumbsup:

Keep us posted on the outcome, I interested to see how it turns out.

I'll make the 3D model of your frame if you make 2 of everything for your motor and send 1 my way :whistling:

I would be happy to make a couple more of these for the price of material and some beer, but if I were you, I would certainly hold off on taking me up on that offer until I have atleast run this thing on the dyno for a bit. As with any new engine design, I am sure it will spend much of the first part of it's like running like a turd. :unsure:

I've been tossing around the idea of modeling my frame as well. It would be nice to have the stock geometry to mess around with and do a little reverse engineering on. It would be pretty time consuming to design it from scratch and get all of the geom. and dimensions correct from the shee in the garage. Be nice to have V5 file to start with :biggrin:.

I have a degree in vehicle design and I'm going for a BSME right now. I'm competent in AutoCAD, UG, and CATIA...but once I got used to V5, I don't want to use anything else. :thumbsup:

Keep us posted on the outcome, I interested to see how it turns out.

I have thought the exact same thing about the frame model and haven't ever done anything about it. Of course, now I could actually use it, so I'm kicking myself in the ass for not having done it when I had more time. I am contemplating buying a frame off eBay just so I can keep it in my home office (read: dining room area of my apartment) and gradually work on creating a model based on it when I get home at night. I figure that is the only way that I will be able to avoid spending many nights in the garage with my laptop.

I am still hoping some one has already taken the plunge and made a model.................... :wink:

:yelrotflmao: Me talk like caveman this morning :yelrotflmao: Whoops

...or guy at Chinese take out restaurant :verymad: :yelrotflmao:

I didn't even notice..............the glow plugs in my brain don't even think about coming on until 10am on a Monday morning. I have been sitting in my office drinking a Diet Pepsi and eating Oreo cookies out of my drawer (I have no idea where they came from) since I got to work a few hours ago. Needless to say, emails and some internet browsing is all that has gotten done so far this morning. :whistling:

Edited by FireHead