R1 or R6

jmkapala

I know that i had seen a taillight conversion on here somewhere. It was a taillight off of either a r1 or a r6 (the new L.E.D. style), but i dont remember which. can someone tell me how tough this is to convert.was it compatible w/ the brake light, was it worth it (visability), how bad did it pull off the stator......etc.

I remember seeing a banshee on ebay a while back that had the entire cowling off an R6 on the back end instead of typical banshee plastics. It looked sweet as hell and I've been wanting to do that for the longest time since I saw that pic....

I would have loved to see that.....did you happen to save any pics??

I seen that bike on ebay. I got just the 2007 r6 led taillight on the back of mine. Just mounted it with a thin peice of bent flatbar. Looks great and have not had a problem since i put it in.

do you have any pics of your shee? i'd like to see how it came out...

I know that i had seen a taillight conversion on here somewhere. It was a taillight off of either a r1 or a r6 (the new L.E.D. style), but i dont remember which. can someone tell me how tough this is to convert.was it compatible w/ the brake light, was it worth it (visability), how bad did it pull off the stator......etc.

It's not an R1 or R6 taillight, but here is a link to an older BHQ post from when I converted to an '06 YFZ 450 taillight with a few external lics to pictures. I fabbed the bracket out of some aluminum I had laying around. I set the taillight a little further under the bike and a bit tighter to the plastics. Just reused the rubber mounts from the old taillight bracket.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...Z+450+Taillight

I've been running it for right about a year and I love it. It's amazing how many people will stop me and say, "That taillight is cool as hell!" It's also nice and bright for tighter sand trail riding at night; really grabs the attention.

It's not an R1 or R6 taillight, but here is a link to an older BHQ post from when I converted to an '06 YFZ 450 taillight with a few external lics to pictures. I fabbed the bracket out of some aluminum I had laying around. I set the taillight a little further under the bike and a bit tighter to the plastics. Just reused the rubber mounts from the old taillight bracket.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...Z+450+Taillight

I've been running it for right about a year and I love it. It's amazing how many people will stop me and say, "That taillight is cool as hell!" It's also nice and bright for tighter sand trail riding at night; really grabs the attention.

Thats a good lookin TL......was it a PITA to do?

doesit work with the brake and taillight?

Here's BansheeCJ3's tail light conversion. He used one off of a GSXR.

BansheeCJ3's tail light thread

HPIM0841.jpg

I saved the pic of the eBay Banshee with the crotch rocket rear end on my computer at home.

If no one gets to it first, I'll post it up tonight.

Edited by 350TwinDeathBed

Here's BansheeCJ3's tail light conversion. He used one off of a GSXR.

BansheeCJ3's tail light thread

HPIM0841.jpg

I saved the pic of the eBay Banshee with the crotch rocket rear end on my computer at home.

If no one gets to it first, I'll post it up tonight.

Here's a couple pictures of the R6 tail light

picture010th4.jpg

dsc00845gu4.jpg

I like both, but i think that the R6 Tl looks super clean.......how tough was the install?

I like both, but i think that the R6 Tl looks super clean.......how tough was the install?

I made a couple of brackets to mount it and connected the wires. My Banshee is a 1994 so it doesn't have a brake light The R6 light has 3 wires so if you have a brake light you'd hook up all three but without a brake light you only hook up 2 wires.

It's a LED light so they say they draw less power then I regular light but I don't know for sure but I haven't had any problems with it