bogging in 3rd gear on a hill.

bansheeduner

What tires are you running? That may be alot of your problem right there

im running the v-paddles,8 paddle.there worn out,because on races i feel my shee just spinning for a second and then it launches.could the cause this problem?i was wondering if that could be the problem also.the elevation was 700ft,temp was about 65 deg.

i just came back from the dunes,and when i was out there my bike would bog down in third gear going up a steep dune.but on flat land land my shee does good.i have a stock motor,t-5 toomeys,k&n air filter w/out the snorkel,280 mains and needle on the 3rd clip.does anyone have any suggestions?

play with your gearing,gearing is just like jetting,you just have to play with it......also if youre at sea level i think youre to lean on your main,i runed w my toomys 310 on my main,and my plugs looked good......my 2 pesos..... :biggrin: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

His jetting is fine, if anything a hair rich.

He's got an airbox AND lid...just removed the snorkel.

You get into the 300's once you remove the lid and it's cold, or once you remove the whole air box.

I think it's either the rider, tires...gearing, or not enough motor to pull third....IN SAND....

His jetting is fine, if anything a hair rich.

He's got an airbox AND lid...just removed the snorkel.

You get into the 300's once you remove the lid and it's cold, or once you remove the whole air box.

I think it's either the rider, tires...gearing, or not enough motor to pull third....IN SAND....

a thanks for all the comments,i'm going to start looking into it further.if any other suugestions come up,please just post it,every little thing helps.

Alright, your first problem is get rid of the air box lid or mod it...You can cut the last 1.5" off the end of it right behind the clips. This will give you another 4 hp....Next your too lean...W/ the modded lid or no lid, put some 330's in there, she'll take it and love it.. move your needles to the 4th clip, stock pilot, adjust the air screws to throttle response. Next, what size tire and what gearing are you running? You should be running stock gears for a piped shee in sand. I think your problem is in the lid and jetting though...Also check your compression. STock head at sea level and you should be around 128psi..Below 120 and I'd start thinking about rebuilding it.

Alright, your first problem is get rid of the air box lid or mod it...You can cut the last 1.5" off the end of it right behind the clips. This will give you another 4 hp....Next your too lean...W/ the modded lid or no lid, put some 330's in there, she'll take it and love it.. move your needles to the 4th clip, stock pilot, adjust the air screws to throttle response. Next, what size tire and what gearing are you running? You should be running stock gears for a piped shee in sand. I think your problem is in the lid and jetting though...Also check your compression. STock head at sea level and you should be around 128psi..Below 120 and I'd start thinking about rebuilding it.

i'm running stock gearing,and 8 v-paddles, that are worn out.going to buy new paddles.i'm going to work on the shee next weekend,i'm going to check the compression for sure.thanks for all the input.

i'm running stock gearing,and 8 v-paddles, that are worn out.going to buy new paddles.i'm going to work on the shee next weekend,i'm going to check the compression for sure.thanks for all the input.

Buying new paddles will only make your problem worse...Find the problem at hand and go from there...I know your running 8 paddles, but what size are your tires? 20's or 22's