windows vista

It needs to be a little LESS sensitive to say the least. On a High Risk click, program files or changes in applications I can see but it trips out too much. I turned mine almost all the way off. Had some hell with my company server with it as well and online security tickets. With time I see it getting better, But XP is still a far leader for the average application. Word 2007 is also a PAIN IN THE A$$. I bought all new computers this year so I am fighting it on all fronts!

• 4 weeks later...
my computer with xp crashed so i got a discount through my work on a dell with vista. i am your normal everyday user. no computer geek by a longshot.i unplugged the one with vista and got my old one fixed. it friggin prompts you for everything.i hated it.brand new dell is sitting here.barely used.

Grab a copy of XP with a valid license key and reformat that Vista pc. it's prob. a screamin' deamon but vista will consume it.

Grab a copy of XP with a valid license key and reformat that Vista pc. it's prob. a screamin' deamon but vista will consume it.

I have to agree with Lee......i got a copy of vista ...installed it and took it right back out 3 days later

its way too much of a memory hog for me

the only thing i like about it, is the 3d scrolling desktop like linux.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

yeah I have vista on my laptop and I get the same anoying accept this or agree to this crap, but other than that I like it so far keeps everything mor organized for me. With all of those agree to this stuff though I get great virus protection, dont even have any software for virus protection and I have had the computor for a couple years now and havent had any problems as far as that goes. Has its ups and downs! Also I agree that office 2007 is crap, its so hard to use, but there is a compatability package available so if your office has 2007 and your home computor has 2005 you can use one save a document and open it on the other computer. Cant do that without the compatibility package.

I work in IT as well, similar deal as dajogejr, Network Administrator/go to guy for anything related to computers basically. I get asked at least once a week when we are going to Vista. My answer? Give me a valid business reason we need to go to Vista. Needless to say, we are still on XP. Our CEO and head salesman have Vista because they are visible to Microsoft (we are a Microsoft Gold Partner) and attend launch events etc. with their laptops.

Vista offers nothing over XP for 90+% of businesses. XP is a proven product and will live on for a long, long time. There is a reason many 'geeks' are installing Server 2008 on their machines and adding in workstation applications and setting them up to run applications rather than background processes. If you don't believe me, Google 'Windows 2008 Workstatioin' I tried it on a spare laptop at work, and it runs much better than Vista.

Windows Vista...the newest Windows ME!

Edited by IrideA250R