Alba Rec kit

gregbowler

Update #2

Got my stuff yesterday. Looks like it's all there. Going to put it on this weekend. I'll get some before and after pics then. It looks like you pay full price ($450) for the elka's and they discount the other stuff to get the $749 price. Here are some pics of the kit just out of the box:

P1000055.sized.jpg

P1000056.sized.jpg

P1000057.sized.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my bike to Alba in Poway to get Dyno tuned. They are the dumbest, most dishonest, unproffessional, retarded unskilled people I have ever done business with in any trade. I could rant for hours but I will just use one example of their ignorance. When they did the first dyno pull on my bike it was running lean and they sung it to 11000 RPM's. They did it again and then again. They have the dyno in a little room so you cant watch. I didnt know till the retard came out with the printouts. Good thing my motor is tough or some people would have got hurt that day. I will never go there, call there, even if they were the last place on the planet for parts or service. Stay clear people.

Looks like I'll be waiting til monday to finish up the install. The tie rods they sent me are too long. Except that is there anything else wrong. Here's a couple of pics:

P1000058.sized.jpg

P1000059.sized.jpg

P1000060.sized.jpg

double check all your installation. it looks like your top a-arm was installed upside down. flip it over and reconnect your tie rod. it should match up.

double check all your installation. it looks like your top a-arm was installed upside down. flip it over and reconnect your tie rod. it should match up.

It is definitely upsidedown, I cant believe I didnt notice that. Good eye!

Are you sure? I thought the same thing til I read this:

http://www.albaaction.com/service/instruct...0ARM%20INST.pdf

I cant open that file (im at work) but if those are +2+1 arms they are without a doubt on upsidedown. The arms should reach forward not back.

Whats in the rubber container behind the bumper? Good idea if its plugs and tools.

Edited by jlsparky7

Alba's add "says" +2 not +2+1. I don't know. It looks like if I reverse the top arm it will be in the way of the shock. I looked at some pics of other bikes and the angled side of the arm is always in the front.

In the watertight box on the front is a battery that powers my LED underlighting so when I stop at night in the dunes I don't get plowed into.

Edited by gregbowler

Alba's add "says" +2 not +2+1. I don't know. It looks like if I reverse the top arm it will be in the way of the shock. I looked at some pics of other bikes and the angled side of the arm is always in the front.

In the watertight box on the front is a battery that powers my LED underlighting so when I stop at night in the dunes I don't get plowed into.

If one side of the a-arm is longer than the other its impossible for it to be just a +2.

Try flipping it over, itll prolly work.

Here it is striaght from the instructions:

Banshee_arms.sized.jpg

I see what you mean, the arms definitely shouldnt sit futher back than the stock ones. That would be a retarded design. I would turn them around.