toomey kit

snedden9485

hey guys ,

looking at doing the xhaust on my banshee which is dead stock. Dont think il port it or anything just pipes, filter and jets (hence the t6 kit). Am i best with the t6 kit? they claim it gives 8hp more than the t5 kit on a stock banshee??? Also as for air filters on the dunes am i better off with something with an adapter or is the uni filter stock mounted one ok? The bike is only for sand use. Is the toomey jetting kit spot on like they claim?

thanks

chris

hey guys ,

looking at doing the xhaust on my banshee which is dead stock. Dont think il port it or anything just pipes, filter and jets (hence the t6 kit). Am i best with the t6 kit? they claim it gives 8hp more than the t5 kit on a stock banshee??? Also as for air filters on the dunes am i better off with something with an adapter or is the uni filter stock mounted one ok? The bike is only for sand use. Is the toomey jetting kit spot on like they claim?

thanks

chris

I have a T6 kit in my banshee and its pretty good. im sure youll be happy with it. In regards to your filter question, i heard its not good for a banshee to get the two k&n filters without a box. Especially in sand riding. It's easier to get sand in your engine and mess it all up. this is my first post so i hope i didnt mess this up.

hey guys ,

thanks

chris

IMO the t5's are the pipe to buy for stock or mildly ported motors...the t6's cost more and most on here will tell you from experiance the t5's perform better as well.

im not too sure on there jet kit as i do all my own jetting.

as far as the air filter goes i would run a K&N with a pro flow type set up with the airbox lid off.

my bike was stock last year except t5's and +4 on the timing on race gas......and it ran beautiful.

my jetting was all stock after the pipes and filter except the main jet, i had 280's in it then and mine was spot on.

with the pipes K&N and the jetting you will get a BIG seat of the pants increase.

and oh yeah the Toomeys sound kick ass too :thumbsup:

Get the T6s if you NEVER plan on porting your motor, or only plan on porting it very, very mildly.

Or, get some FMF fatty's or SSTs. They are all fine choices.

I had T5s, loved 'em...but, I wouldn't tell you not to get 6's just because many on here read they don't work with porting but have no actual experience with them....

Either/any of these pipes would be a fine choice.

Two filters and outerwears in sand work just fine and will continue to work fine if you keep them properly cleaned and oiled.

Get the T6s if you NEVER plan on porting your motor, or only plan on porting it very, very mildly.

Or, get some FMF fatty's or SSTs. They are all fine choices.

I had T5s, loved 'em...but, I wouldn't tell you not to get 6's just because many on here read they don't work with porting but have no actual experience with them....

Either/any of these pipes would be a fine choice.

Two filters and outerwears in sand work just fine and will continue to work fine if you keep them properly cleaned and oiled.

just to clear things up dave i didnt tell him not to get the t6's because of what ive heard....i just said that the t5's work just as good for less money....

Dan

No problem..>Dan. there just seems to be a lot of talk if you touch your motor, you can't run T6 pipes, not true.

They just don't work on more aggressively ported motors...that's all.

T5s work very well, too. I can't see T6's pulling 8 more HP than 5's...maybe a few, but not that many.

You're going to have to steel wool factory finish pipes just about every time you get it home and wash it, or they'll get rusty quick.... Any kind of moisture will rust 'em up.

You could always get them then get some hi temp exhaust paint and paint 'em black, PJ1 makes a good hi temp paint!

To me it's like if you get the T5's you'll always know that you will have a better pipe if you do port later on. Right now you say you don't port, but trust me you will probably run into someone that will give you a heck of a deal you can't pass. I don't see T6's running like shit with a port job though.T5 or T6, you can't go bad.

I don't know about 8hp over T5. Maybe 8 over stocks.

I wouldnt get the factory fininshed ones. They rust pretty quick. You could paint them but a painted surface is harder to clean. My chrome ones when they get dirty i scurb them with 0000 steel wool and acetone to get the grime off. Then follow up with polish.

Rocky Mountain Atv sells the chrome ones for 499. That is the cheapest your going to find. Plus free shipping since your order is over 99 dollars.

I wouldnt get the factory fininshed ones. They rust pretty quick. You could paint them but a painted surface is harder to clean. My chrome ones when they get dirty i scurb them with 0000 steel wool and acetone to get the grime off. Then follow up with polish.

Rocky Mountain Atv sells the chrome ones for 499. That is the cheapest your going to find. Plus free shipping since your order is over 99 dollars.

yup Rocky Moutain is the way to go. 499$ cant beat it. i would egt the T5's also. once you start spending alittle more time on here you will realize that everyone is very very happy with there t5 setup and also i will bet you that you will want porting after about your first year. Garenteed. also the jettinr that comes with the pipe kit and pretty good you probably wont have to change anything unless you live at a crazy elevation.

Edited by yamaha04

yup Rocky Moutain is the way to go. 499$ cant beat it. i would egt the T5's also. once you start spending alittle more time on here you will realize that everyone is very very happy with there t5 setup and also i will bet you that you will want porting after about your first year. Garenteed. also the jettinr that comes with the pipe kit and pretty good you probably wont have to change anything unless you live at a crazy elevation.

yep RMATV does have them...(im in the market for new t5's myself)

but the shitty thing is they dont have them in stock and wont have them for 3 to 4 weeks :banghead: :banghead: