The perfect machine

tonyown

Hi all I know you'll probably tell me to search on the forum to find all what I want but It'd be hard to put it all together so if you dont wat to reply just dont thank you

My friend's planning to change his 450r for a banshee for Mx race next summer...

He's father has money and I'll probably help him to make his shee...

I'd like you to tell me what you think would be the best mx banshee setup...

I think at:

a arm (+???)

Elka gaz shock

Swing arm??

engine:

Pipes wich one?

hot rod crank trued/welded (stroker or not? long rod?)

wiseco pro lites

vforces3

mx porting

carbs ??? wich size

timing plate (probably +4?)

noss cool head (wich size domes? aprox 1000ft elevation here)

clutch ??? wich one?

tire: No idea?

I'll take everything you can tell me thank you!

Edited by tonyown

Ohh god, you'll get a million and one different answers.

You better hope this kid has a lot of loot, because to build the perfect machine is basically trial and error. Trial and error with TCS shocks, elkas, paul turner pipes, DMCs, FMFs tends to cost a lot.

I wish you the best in building the "perfect" bike, but I think you'll get way way way too many answers here to make anything useful out of.

Read the product reviews forum and see if you can find people with similar likes as you, that should help out a bit. I think the only thing that is unanamoius is to go with the 250r geo. From there on out, good luck!

250 r geometry chassis all the way

paul turner mid pipes

Mx porting or powervlave cylinders

2 into 1 carb setup

i agree on him with everthing but the 2into 1 carbs. because the two into one carb setup gives it a moreharsh powerband and will wear you out faster. but almost everyone you talk to will tell you that the best mx pipes for a banshee is the paul tuners mids and the 250r geometry in the way to go. but motor wise, the banshee has alot of power but the thing is to get it smoother and more useble power. you want to work on your suspension befor anything, and there are so many good shocks and a arms out there its hard to go wrong with any of them. just look around and if you need any help just ask thepeople ion this site there very good with this stuff.

Derick

Okay I understand all what you said I'll make more search... I didnt know about the 250r geo frames I don't know what your talking about at all if someone want to explain me it'd be great if you don't want I'Ll make search about this tomorrow when I'll have time ty!

Ok I made some search and it looks difficult! lol

I'll have to read a lot and maybe will I need to practice my english to phone some english people cuz I only speak french and we'll probably buy from US...

Thank you guys

a 2into1 carb kit will not give it a more harsh powerband.. none the less it wont fatigue you.. your pulling only slide with your thumb not 2 like if you have 2 carbs.. it also smooths out the powerband all in all a 2into1 will make it easyier to ride. this is why ppl use them for mx or trails.. if it gave you more harsh powerband every dragger out there would own one..