4 MIL HILL SPROCKET ?'S

phx450

In the process of building a 4 mil on gas, +8 swinger with some 38mm carbs. possibly overide, on 10 paddle haulers.

what sprocket combo are you guys running?

I'm right at 200lbs.

this will be for olds hill in glamis..................of course!

This bike is going up the hill only, not duning.

In the process of building a 4 mil on gas, +8 swinger with some 38mm carbs. possibly overide, on 10 paddle haulers.

I'm right at 200lbs.

What size are the haulers including rim diameter?

I ran stock 14/41 gearing with my 21" 10paddle extremes, on an 8" rim with my 4mm and it seemed just right. Our hills aren't near as big as the ones in Glamis though, so you might end up with a different setup, dunno. Mine was just right though, cause I could launch hard in 2nd and have good power all the way through 5th

I'm right at 200lbs.

i run 15/43,and it feel good on 4th gear,i also have a 4 mil,on gas. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Same tires here.

10 paddles.

i figured 14 and 41 as well. i wasnt sure if any of you guys with 200lbs like myself might have any tricks!

I'm tired of pulling up next to little 85lb johhny on his dad's bike! Need to pull 5th real hard if its going to work.

I figure a couple more of you guys had 4mils?

It seems that in order to get response my title should be: Whats faster my blaster or m buddies Raptor!

Anyways thanks for the two of you for the help!

Before I bought mine from Bansheeseat$$ he was running 14/41 gearing on 22-11-10 8 paddles and it ran 62mph up sand mountain in Fallon Nv. which is at 4500 above sea level.

Matt,Really can't compare the gearing between his 4mil and yours now or sand mountain to olds hill.

sand mountain is steeper and shorter then olds hill and the gearing I had on that was for duning not racing.Oh yeah it was 65 for the record with the haulers.It was 63 with v-paddles. :biggrin:

I've never been to sand mountain, in all the pics/video that i have seen it looks longer.

I should know on the gearing by next week, just getting the bike all put together.

Thanks for the help.

By the way whats faster my Blaster on NOS or my friends 400ex with a blower and turbo muffler? :yelrotflmao: