pistons

kawiking

I doubt it was an issue with the pistons themselves.If it was a totally stock engine,then more than likely the piston is to blame,but with any ported engine,I would blame the engine builder.

No piston was originally designed for the aggressive portwork that some builders utilize.The more material the skirt has to ride on,the more the forces are distributed.The less surface area a skirt has to distribute the forces,the more strain it will put on the main contact areas.Performance has compromised reliability.

Engine builders are quick to blame the manufacturer,but the manufacturer never intended the part to be used the way it was.

Wiseco are by far the strongest pistons made,but they are also the heaviest.So again,reliability compromises performance.Where you gain on one,you will lose on the other.

Definately piston failure in this case. bone stock intake tract....and I might add, ive had exact designs run all season without problems on WSM's as well. But I will also add, Ive never had a Wiseco brake intake skirts on ANY design...my .02....Jim

• 3 weeks later...

ronnie wtf you been up to you old bastard

sorry about the pistons. seems some of nates motors run for ever with those pistons some dont. weird.

maybe we can meet up for a ride sometime.

ronnie wtf you been up to you old bastard

sorry about the pistons. seems some of nates motors run for ever with those pistons some dont. weird.

maybe we can meet up for a ride sometime.

Not much Wes, been working alot hadnt had much time to play. i will be at L.S. for SandFest maybe you can make it down for it.. we can throw back a few dozen cold ones.. Did you get your motor fixed? i been away so long i don't have a clue to whats going on..

i dont go to the big weekends so i wont be there.

yeah got it going, had to change some stuff but its going and running.

keep arkansas under control.

Damn hate to hear that..would be cool to get to hang out and talk some shit.. yeah made all the banshee guys i know go to cubs..lol..now i'm the slow guy again..lol

your only slow to the beer cooler cause were tripping you trying to get to it first.

did you get your shaw softer where it wasnt a strut basically.

i sent it back and had them do a coil over conversion on it its softer than it was but for a light rider its like a strut...if you weigh 300 it rides good lol..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...