Compression question ?

Cannon

I did a compression test on my Banshee this evening. Did not warm it up, held throttle wide open & kicked like mad until needle wouldn't go any higher. Guage read just below 150 psi in both cylinders. Is this about the result that should be expected? Jugs are stock w/ stock pistons, Noss head w/ 20cc domes. It was spring last time I checked it warmed up & had just a couple more psi higher. Banshee is a 2003 and runs great.

Thanks & Merry Christmas BHQ!

What is your elevation for starters? The reason I ask is because with 20cc domes in my NOSS I kick just over 170 psi in each cylinder, on an otherwise stock jug/piston assembly at 1980' elevation. It kicks right near 190's at sea level. I know, seems high, but I've verified it several times with my compression gauge; SNAP-ON by the way in case anyone was thinking of throwing in the "buy a good gauge" comment. Bone cold, not even run before the test. As mentioned it doesn't typically make a huge difference.

If they're both close you should be alright, the only time I'd worry is if one was way off from the other. I don't know your altitude, I'm at 1030ft (thanks to the pinned altitude finder) and w/ 19cc and vito's superstocks (lower compression some) I'm kicking 165psi cold. You sound alright to me.