Made Me A Purge Tank

BigRed350x

It was a slow day at work so I dug around and found some material and made me a purge tank to mount up on my bars.

Started with a piece of solid stock, spaded a hole through the center then bored it out to the size I wanted with a pretty thin wall. Cut two "slugs" from the same piece of solid stock and welded them on either end of the tube I made. Milled a flat on the top and bottom and welded two more smaller slugs to the top and bottom (needed something ot make a bung and threads for the barb with) then milled a hole in the top for the fill-hole and drilled/tapped a hole in the bottom for the barb fitting for the hose to hook to. Then I made the cap. Started with a piece of solid stock and turned it down the OD to match the ID of the fill-hole. Put a groove in it and stuck an 0-ring on there to seal the container and to hold the cap in place, then knurled the edge before I parted it off. Drilled a small hole through the fill-hole plug to allow air to get in for when you are running the race gas so it doesn't create a vacuum. I don't plan on riding or anything when I purge, just idle, so the air hole didn't need to be any considerable size. This container holds approx. 12oz of fluid, so I plan to fill it, run it down, fill it once more and once its run down the second time I will be done purging.

Here's pictures of the finished (painted) product. Sorry guys, didn't have my camera at work with me to take pictures as I went along.

I'm going to clamp it to my bars and keep the hose connected to it all the time, since the hose acts as a fluid meter the way the 5-way T works. I will run the hose along the side of my tank plastics and hold it in place with some small clamps, this will allow me to see the level of fuel in my tank without having to remove the cap. Basically its going to work kinda like a venturi meter if that makes sense. I will take pictures of it once its installed and it will probably make more sense.

- Jared

DSC00062-2.jpg

DSC00064-1.jpg

DSC00068-1.jpg

Some of the shit your guys come up with amazes me, I'm not that great of a fabricator by any means but ive been workin on installing a temp guage for like a month now...still cant get the damn thing to where it looks half way decent, or doesent leak....nice creation red....

Thanks!

If you want some help with your temp gauge, hit me up on a PM. I'm going to be making a T for one for my new banshee at work either tomarrow or when I get back from vacation on the ranch. I'm also going to be installing some EGT bungs on my CPI pipes so I can monitor my EGT's and coolant temps.

Edited by BigRed350x

Jared...is this an alky burner that you are using race fuel to purge the alcohol out of it with?...or have I simply lost the plot once again... :shrug:

Yes, running methanol and need to run normal gas through it to get rid of the methanol at the end of the day. You're not lost. LOL

but he is gay

cole, you should really quit taking your sexual frustration out on other people. just cuz your gf is nasty and still wont give it up doesnt give you the right to be mean to other people.

jared, shit looks good man..i like building my own shit too. that way i can get it exactly how i want it..

cole, you should really quit taking your sexual frustration out on other people. just cuz your gf is nasty and still wont give it up doesnt give you the right to be mean to other people.

jared, shit looks good man..i like building my own shit too. that way i can get it exactly how i want it..

Yeah, its hard to find what you know you want off the shelf sometimes. There are a lot of things that I picture in my mind but can't ever find what that same thing off the shelf. I'm just glad I have access to the tools I need to make my own stuff like that.

Thanks for the compliments!

damn tyler, youre the one who always is writing dirty little comments to me on facebook. haha.

it was just a random alcohol influenced comment. i didnt know i was gonna stir your stew.

damn tyler, youre the one who always is writing dirty little comments to me on facebook. haha.

it was just a random alcohol influenced comment. i didnt know i was gonna stir your stew.

hahahahaha...your gf is hot. and im pretty sure she hollared at me on FB..you might wanna ask her what thats about.. ha.