Drag Chassis

cexualcensations

Whats the real advantages of a drag chassis opposed to a stock chassis with +forward a-arms and lengthed swingarm? Iv been looking around at drag chassis and found the lonestar, dave moore , and the cp customs drag chassis. I am builded a 707 dm cheetah with about a 30 shot boss noss kit. The bike will be set up for 1/8 mile sand drags and probably riding around fucking with people. Wondering If the mod is really worth all the extra money as they cost around 4000? I was thinking they probably just hook up better. I had planned on just using a stock chassis with a +12 or +14 swingarm but dont know how will it will hook up on a beast motor like this. Iv I had to get a new chassis I probably wouldnt want a ridgit chassis. :confused:

If drag racing is all you plan to do, and with an engine like you're going to be running, you'll need a drag chassis to reach it's full potential. Don't get me wrong, you could stretch out a stock chassis and have a lot of fun, but if you're going to be competitive, the drag chassis is the way to go...and you can get a suspended one, doesn't have to be rigid

If drag racing is all you plan to do, and with an engine like you're going to be running, you'll need a drag chassis to reach it's full potential. Don't get me wrong, you could stretch out a stock chassis and have a lot of fun, but if you're going to be competitive, the drag chassis is the way to go...and you can get a suspended one, doesn't have to be rigid

The lonestar frame is suspended but it doesnt look much different than a stock frame for a 4200 price tag I cant see it. Does anyone have this frame or know someone who does. I would like some opinions on this frame verses the others. thanks

I agree with bigboybanshee. A motor that size is going to be a handfull no matter what frame you put it in though. Just curious what size motor are you running now?

I had a 485 cheetah I ordered from trinity and it just sit in the box which I just recently sold, I never installed it because I was trying to save and buy other critcal engine parts like override tranny, lockup clutch, hinson basket pressure plate etc....But I changed my mind when I saw the dm cheetah cylinders and now I have started my complete rebuild of frame up. I just recently powercoated the stock frame. Im trying to get ideas so I know what I need to purchase.I couldnt make my mind up on engine size until now. My thing is if your building a drag engine and your already spending thousands of dollar on different engine parts, why not spend a few more and get the biggest available. Now Im kinda stuck on do I really need to fork out more money on a drag frame

I would search around. There is alot of good frame builders out there that can build you just as good of a frame as the lonestar and alot cheaper. If you visit planet sand quick16 builds some awesome frames and ide builds frames for GT Performance and they also have very nice frames.

IMO all the money youre spending on your motor putting it in a stock frame would be a waste. the stock frame is ment to put 35 rwhp to the ground and works well up to about 80rwhp after that your swing arm gets to long and you cant put the power to the ground Tyson Racing will do you an +8 forward with stering stem arms spendals and swinger for right around $2800. Or you can find one used for a great price. Also a drag frame will shave the weight we have one that has a wet weight (ready to race ) of 255 lbs you wont get that out of the stock frame.

Get the drag frame, it will be the best investment you make. You will never realize the full potential of that motor without it. The stock frame is heavy and has poor drag racing geometry. Most frame builders will prolly tell you, with a motor that big you're gonna wanna go at least +20 in the front.

Check Planet Sand, there are sometimes good deals on used frames in the classifieds.

You cant even imagine the diff a drag frame makes over a stocker. When you launch off the line with a drag frame it seems as though the bike wants to leave YOU behind. It just rolls down the track effortlessly.

I picked up at least 3 bike lengths in 300ft sand drags when I switched to the GTperformance frame over the stocker.

And the bike goes down the track straight as an arrow EVERY PASS! The stocker was all over the place.

Mine is a suspended +8 in front and +10 in back...I prolly need a +8 in the rear tho once I get a wheelie bar on it.

Here are some pics of it...http://www.planetsand.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/585116/an/0/page/1#Post585116

• 4 years later...