no rear swingarm skid?

banshee352

It shouldnt on an MX track. The only reason I run mine is because I hit some pretty rocky trails. Otherwise I wouldn't. Even your rims should have a larger diameter then the sprocket and rotor, so assuming you are on a smooth surface, the rotor and sprocket will never touch the ground. Last time I went to an X track the only people running skids were guys that ran trails also.

I dont ride moto. cant cause my right leg cant take it. But I would still run with a skidplate. Never know when your are going to mess up a double and get stuck on the lip. And your CarZ$$$$$y If you dont run them on the trails.

Hey i see a lot of the guys at the track run their quads without a rear skidplate... this doesnt make much sense to me? doesnt your rotor and sprocket get all beat up? any you guys do this? i dunno im just wondering...

your sproket and rotor will be fine if you run on an mx trakc with out a skidplate, the only time they will hit the dirt is in the corners and that only if there rudded out. but most of the tracks dont have big enough rocks to do any major damage to a rotor. i have been running MX for the past two years and have never had to replace a rotor or a sproket to rock related damage.

Derick

• 3 weeks later...