Fatty or Gnarly

gooberff

Hi all This is my first post as I just found this forum. I have a 92 banshee with fmf woods pipes and answer sa pro silencers.(custom work to mate up). I run a stock air box without the snorkel with a pro design foam filter setup.

I am looking at getting new pipes and silencers. I'll go with the fmf turbinecore 2 silencers( spark arrestor) but i am unsure of which pipe to choose, the fmf fatty or the fmf gnarly.

I do the majority of my riding in Glamis but I do head up to the high desert also. I'm not looking for a rocket just a cruiser for fun.

First thing I'd do since you mentioned desert and Glamis is open up that air box. Any pipe you choose will benefit even more for better breathing.

I'd get a K&N, remove the lid and get a pro flow adapter so the filter seals.

Or, if you're really never gonna see water or mud, ditch the airbox all together and get a pair of pod filters.

I thought the gnarly pipes were made of a thicker steel as well...so they don't dent as easily. I know on MX bikes that's the case....

FMF makes a fine pipe indeed. If you are going to keep the porting stock, stay away from top end/drap orientated pipes, like Shearer, CPI, Rockets, RDZ and Grand River. You said you want a cruiser...not a rocket.

Well...those pipes listed above are great pipes, but are designed to be run on bikes with free flowing air filters, bigger carbs and aggressive port work.

Toomey pipes are a fine offering as well. T5 or T6 will fit your needs.