What carbs?

Terry

I am in need of carbs for my banshee all it has is a boostbottle toomey t5's and juss been rebuilt with wiseco pistons. Im pretty sure i want duals after reading about the 2to1. I am just unsure of what size to get for my setup is dual 35's to big?

i have been told by many builders......A&S,RDZ,ETC.

that stock carbs are good up to about 70-75 hp.....

if youre under that which you are with your mods stcokers will run excellent

you will be throwing youre money away for bigger ones unless you plan to do port work in the future

I also say stay with the stock carb, or close to it. Your throttle response will stay because the valosity going through the carbs is still good. The bigger you go the more the valosity goes down. Having said that I bought a set of stock 26mm carbs, taper-bored to 27.5 on my banshee and it felt like when I had put on the aftermarket pipes. It came on stronger and was better all the way to high reves.

IMO the stockers are great little carbs. They outflow a stock machine and are cheap and easy to tune. You can find parts here for next to nothing from fellow members and they're easy to work on. Dont blow money on bigger carbs till you port your machine.

my .02

Lectrons dude.

though i do aggree that bigger carbs can wait.

I love my 36mm. lectrons-made a killin differance on my shee.

Did you go straight from stock to the lectrons or did you have a aftermarket mikuni or keihin before that, that you are comparing the big difference to?

Edited by Lethaface

Not to hijack a thread, but...............do you guys think stock carbs on a ported motor with CPI's would still be ok for dune riding? If not what size and type of crabs would you reccomend? :beer:

Moderately ported jugs and CPI's would come alive on 33PWK's...especially on the big-end.....Jim