new banshee need some tips

bm0rebanshee

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now if i got pipes now and all then later on port and polished the engine would i have to get differnt pipes because of the back pressure?

Right now you have a Stock bike. You will be totally impressed with pipes, jetting, filters, and timing plate. You will be even more impressed with V force, and a cool head. Your gonna have to have all this stuff down the line to go with porting anyway but i would recommend getting this stuff now (if money available) and then porting at a later date like when you need to re-ring it or so. Click on our banner above and call if you need any help or questions answered.

Our V force reeds are on Christmas special right now for $189.99 so would be a great time to save some money!

What banner are you boys talking about?

personally....I think you'd get better performance out of a set of T5s, FMF or Trinity Pipes than jumping in to a CPI or other drag pipe on a stock port motor.

For the price, fit and finish....T5s are really hard to beat. They are great little pipes.

Yeah, going from stock bike to just pipes, filter and timing...then properly jetting it is a HUGE leap.

Those stock boat anchor of pipes rob you of so much power it's not even funny..

I would do the mods in this order;

1. keep the air box and get the pro design adapter plate and the uni foam filter set up

2. T-5's

3. cool head with 21's or 20's

4. better rear tires

5. v-force reeds

When the top end goes get it ported when you get it bored.

I would do the mods in this order;

1. keep the air box and get the pro design adapter plate and the uni foam filter set up

2. T-5's

3. cool head with 21's or 20's

4. better rear tires

5. v-force reeds

When the top end goes get it ported when you get it bored.

^^^^^ That is the same I approach I would take :beer:

thats pretty much what my friend that will be doing all the work said but here was his exact plan

all in the same day do this

v force 3 reeds

jet it

some tihng with the air filter

billet impeller blade

then he said later just to port and polish and get t5s

then when i need pistons and all bore it out

but whats the cool head? links plz to that and the filter u mentioned

i could also save up a little more cash at 1 time and just do all this

v force 3 reeds

jet it

some tihng with the air filter

billet impeller blade

t5s

all at same time 2 tell me more about that head thoguh and wjhat u think about that

Air filter, pipes, and a head would be a BIG difference over stock. I wouldn't concentrate so much on the reeds as one of your first mods...get some reeds when you get port work done.

The heads we're talking about are either cool heads, noss heads, etc. They allow you to change the dome size and increase compression, as well as cool better than the stock head. Check out this link:

http://www.nossmachine.com/banshee_heads.htm

Air filter, pipes, and a head would be a BIG difference over stock. I wouldn't concentrate so much on the reeds as one of your first mods...get some reeds when you get port work done.

The heads we're talking about are either cool heads, noss heads, etc. They allow you to change the dome size and increase compression, as well as cool better than the stock head. Check out this link:

http://www.nossmachine.com/banshee_heads.htm

yea i mean i was jsut going to every thing except for port and polish now then do that later

think that would be good and if im not mistaken if u get the cool heads that would make a differnce on the gas i use or something atleast thats what ive herd i mean ill do it all at 1 time ill jsut save the money after the holidays

Here's my .02 cents.

T-5's

Cool head"get domes that will set you up around 140-145 psi"

28 mm carbs"Jet them to your engine needs"(Still can use stock air box configuration)

Pro flow air filter setup

V-3's

Boss intake for the 28's"intagrated cross over"

Thats about 1300.00 bucks and your 'shee will rip.This is a proven setup.

EDIT:Do all of these mods at the same time,And jet the carbs at the same time once.

Edited by bansheeseat$$

well last night i added every thing up and i think im going to start with this

noss head with 21s or 20s or the cool head 21s or 20s dunno which 1 yet both look nice

v force 3 reeds

t5 pipes

billiet impeller blade

timing plate +4

get it jeted

keep the air box and get the pro design adapter plate and the uni foam filter set up but i cant find a site to get them from need a lil hel on that

adding that all up its gona run about 1275-1375 +how ever much the filter setup is

if there and thing ive forgot let me know

Edited by bm0rebanshee